Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what's the better cardio workout???

what's the best cardio workout to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bro's and sister's i am in need to amp up my workout's would it be worth it to add in swimming as my cardio then walking the treadmill or bike? what's the best way to burn fat and that low impact on the knees cause I only have one knee joint and I need to make it last cause the other one is all steel and plastic! so help me out here people what's burns the most fat and get one in the best shape or is a mixture of all 3 a better idea?? post up people !!! thanks for any help .......FMT

I mean no disrespect by this, but are you saying you have one prosthetic leg? In your situation I'd say swimming, given that it causes no joint issues and at least with respect to that prosthetic leg, you would still be using your glutes.

Basically, I'd think in general what is best cardio is determined by:
- fat burning potential v muscle loss potential;
- your diet.

Any endurance work (at least in my observation) primarily involving hamstrings/glute (eg running) appears to result in greater muscle loss that quad dominant activity (e.g., compare even 800m runners - a relatively short event - to similar distance cyclists)

If there is any merit in this analysis, running, whilst potentially burning more calories, is more likely to result in muscle loss than cycling or rowing.

I mentioned diet too because the amount of carbs in your diet will influence your exercise plans. On a restrictive carb approach, LISS (Low intensity stead state cardio) is better because HIIT will result in muscle loss without carbs.

Some competitive bodybuilders who diet with carbs - e.g Layne Norton - do HIIT (sprinters for eg have good glute/hamstrings). For you sprint pool intervals may work.

Des is right.

I would say your cardio should be diet dependent. Extremely low carb dieters are better off doing steady state low intensity cardio where someone who eats a more traditional higher carb diet would be better off doing HIIT, intervals, or straight up sprinting.

I just started doing complexes. These will jack up your metabolism like crazy. I recommend them to anyone who wants a challenging workout and doesn't like the traditional forms of cardio.

Complexes - The Science of Total Training

I mean no disrespect by this, but are you saying you have one prosthetic leg? In your situation I'd say swimming, given that it causes no joint issues and at least with respect to that prosthetic leg, you would still be using your glutes.

- your diet.

Any endurance work (at least in my observation) primarily involving hamstrings/glute (eg running) appears to result in greater muscle loss that quad dominant activity (e.g., compare even 800m runners - a relatively short event - to similar distance cyclists)

If there is any merit in this analysis, running, whilst potentially burning more calories, is more likely to result in muscle loss than cycling or rowing.

I mentioned diet too because the amount of carbs in your diet will influence your exercise plans. On a restrictive carb approach, LISS (Low intensity stead state cardio) is better because HIIT will result in muscle loss without carbs.

Some competitive bodybuilders who diet with carbs - e.g Layne Norton - do HIIT (sprinters for eg have good glute/hamstrings). For you sprint pool intervals may work.
Well I take it that i may of needed to better describe what is wrong with my leg before I just quick posted this for a few ideas . But, to sum it up real quickly from my knee joint on my right let is all reconstructed with the joint being totally reconstructed and all titanium rods to replace the bones so it's been 37 operations to get me this far and so Des I hope that clears that oh and from all the drugs I have been on in the past (Kenalog being the worst) has sent my pancreas into near failure so now I am a type 1.5 Diabetic. My Endocrinologist wants me to keep my carbs low and I just can't function on a low carb diet ! But now I keep my carbs high just so I don't walk around the gym with my head up my ass after doing a few sets.So with that in mind which set of workout Cardio works best?

You need to seek professional advice as to what you can do on your knee - a physio, doctor, or whoever is most relevant.

The higher your HR, the more cals burned. Re: you carb intake - again, perhaps you could seek another professional opinion, but if there is a medical reason for a low carb diet, well that trumps any other consideration (I would say), and therefore, less intensive cardio may be preferable.

Well I take it that i may of needed to better describe what is wrong with my leg before I just quick posted this for a few ideas . But, to sum it up real quickly from my knee joint on my right let is all reconstructed with the joint being totally reconstructed and all titanium rods to replace the bones so it's been 37 operations to get me this far and so Des I hope that clears that oh and from all the drugs I have been on in the past (Kenalog being the worst) has sent my pancreas into near failure so now I am a type 1.5 Diabetic. My Endocrinologist wants me to keep my carbs low and I just can't function on a low carb diet ! But now I keep my carbs high just so I don't walk around the gym with my head up my ass after doing a few sets.So with that in mind which set of workout Cardio works best?

my favorite cardio compilation

with chest or arms or both running/sprints

with legs cycling

with backs swimming

increases your pump by far.

Oh and SL. i used to do complexes all the time. VERY interested in them and your current diet. would like to ask you a few questions bro!

- your diet.

agree swimming would be your best bet

I don't know why people are voting for the treadmill, but the treadmill will absolutely kill your knee. Stay away from it.

I believe that elipticals are the best for cardio on most days, once in awhile throw in a running or swimming to switch it up.

Top Bottom