Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Predator Diet

Vey interesting thread!

This goes in line with what animal writes (anyone got a link?) about the frequent intake of meals merely causing unnecessary insuling spikes.

The main benefit I hear from 6+ meals a day when dieting is to maintain a high metabolism, but I think morning workouts/cardio sessions elevate metabolism throughout the day significantly so that you don't have to eat all the time in order to maintain an elevated metabolism.

Maybe 3-4 times a day is enough to minimize muscle catabolism. Also ingesting good quality casein protein that metabolises slower will help too, but fewer servings to reduce unnecessary insuling excretion.

Exodus said:
all i know is this

species adapt over time......... we cannot act like our ancestors

X

True, but do we adapt for the better or worse?

Reduced muscle mass, increased estrogen...ugh.

Your body adapts to the lifestyle it is subjected to. Sitting in an office all day and on a couch all evening does not promote muscle growth because it is not needed.

Lifting weigts artificially promotes muscle growth through simulated work, so in sorts this is acting like our ancestors who used their body more on an everyday basis.

"Thanks for that vote of confidence in our nation's institutions of higher learning and putting more faith in people who have something to sell you. Let me state this once and for all, ketosis is bad for you - bad, bad, bad.....no matter how much Dr. Atkins wants you to believe it. Always be skeptical of someone who has something to gain by you believing them. As for nutrition info, how advanced has it gotta be??? When a you have a diet high in animal content, it is gonna be high in cholesterol too. As we all know, cholesterol is a good way to end up in the grave early, even for yer "healthy" ancestors."

As a graduate of an institute of higher learning, I can tell you that I have acquired more knowledge outside the walls of my college than from within. And having partaken in many courses of nutrition, I can comfortably tell you that they are some of the worst classes offered in terms of accurate and current information. More often than not, they are simply regurgitations of archaic and incorrect dogma created by government agencies, not up-to-date research.

Please give us a technical explanation of how ketosis is "bad, bad, bad...".

cockdezl said:
"Thanks for that vote of confidence in our nation's institutions of higher learning and putting more faith in people who have something to sell you. Let me state this once and for all, ketosis is bad for you - bad, bad, bad.....no matter how much Dr. Atkins wants you to believe it. Always be skeptical of someone who has something to gain by you believing them. As for nutrition info, how advanced has it gotta be??? When a you have a diet high in animal content, it is gonna be high in cholesterol too. As we all know, cholesterol is a good way to end up in the grave early, even for yer "healthy" ancestors."

As a graduate of an institute of higher learning, I can tell you that I have acquired more knowledge outside the walls of my college than from within. And having partaken in many courses of nutrition, I can comfortably tell you that they are some of the worst classes offered in terms of accurate and current information. More often than not, they are simply regurgitations of archaic and incorrect dogma created by government agencies, not up-to-date research.

Please give us a technical explanation of how ketosis is "bad, bad, bad...".

Well shiaaat...Look what the cat dragged in. Damn dezl nice hearin' from ya man. What the heck have you been up to? Stop by more...I miss those dissected posts...lol. Take it easy man.

BMJ

It's been a while since i've responded to this. Anyway, the program is working well, although I definitely got sidetracked during the holidays. I'm constantly trying to optimize this plan and I am experimenting.
Omega, I do agree to a point what you believe was the way we ate, with fruit being eaten througout the day. But many also believe we gathered mainly leaves and nuts, so our fruit intake may not have been so high. Another factor would be where you lived, in warmer climated where fruit was more readily available or colder when fruit is only available for a smaller part of the year. Another factor that can't be discounted is fruit in it's present state isn't like fruit from years past, it's been bred to contain far more fructose than it did have in nature. Fruit was closer to something like a crab apple than the sweet fruit you find today, I don't think we ingested that much fructose.
N-10-CITY, in books like protein power, Neanderthin, and experts on Paleo diets like Loren Cordain, we were actually very efficient hunters for most of our history and there's even strong evidence talked about in Protein Power that we were mainly hunters and gathering came about later. Of course we can't be certain exactly was eaten since we weren't there, but when looking at our nutritional needs, carbon tests of our ancestors fossils, diets of modern day primitive societies, and diets of other animals we can come to some conclusions.
nikolai_bolkov I do agree with you our lifestyle has changed for the worse, in terms of our health and physiques. People are no doubt meant to be active creatures, it's sad some people have never worked out a day in their lives. Of course this isn't the case for members of this site b/c we're here to improve ourselves by using the muscles we were born with that are meant to be used. B/c most of use have a sedentary life working out in a way mimics the way we are meant to use our bodies in nature. Again, to build muscle and lose fat, the ideal stimulus is anaerobic training, which is in modern days lifting, HIIT, sprinting, Interval Training, etc., and in days past intensive labor and hunting. After the work of the day is done, or hunt is finished, we would eat. It's like other predator animals in nature who chase their prey and eat a huge amount. I know we're not lions, but they grow up to 450lbs of solid muscle, and they seem to do fine not eating protein every few hours, as well as wolves, etc. Check out The Caveman Cuisine or Protein Power, the comparison chart of man vs. wolved and sheep, comparing digestive tracts of each. We're much closer to wolves than we are to sheep when it comes to dealing with food, which is also a reason why man developed such a strong bond with these animals, which became dogs. B/c we complimented each other well in hunting food, and we sought the same food thus allowing this relationship to form, thus our modern connection with "mans best friend"

Years old thread, i know, but is anyone still using this or can anyone post experiences on this diet? Considering the magnitude of fasting now this article seems like a fountain of knowledge
Cheers

Top Bottom