Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Predator Diet

JustinM and Omega, thanx for the positive feedback. I've been on the diet for about 2 months, my parents have been doing it for over 3 months, and a few clients I train are doing a similar approach b/c of thier busy schedules. My clients have all been getting very good results, my parents both lost a lot of weight, both lost over 40lbs so far, and neither of them were obese, and I personally have been getting leaner and tighter. I have a really tough time losing bodyfat, and have trouble losing fat on pretty much every approach. CKD (I have all the books), low carbs, low fat, BFL, everything. My strength is actually going up in a few lifts, although it is not a big concern for me. It used to be when I was playing football in college (I was a lineman) but now I just want to look good and be healthy. A typical day for me is classes and training during the day. I pretty much just drink water, I've gotten used to not eating and really do have more energy and do feel weighed down from the food I would normally eat. I also love the freedom of not having to carry shakes, tupperwares, etc. like I used to to get a meal in every 2.5-3 hrs. I've followed the conventional approaches and they've failed, at least for me, so I really have given this a lot of thought. Nutrition is my main interest and it's what I spend most of my time reading about. I know this plan is radically different but I know it works, and there are several studies to support such an approach. I usually work out between 7-9 pm, then eat between 2-3 lbs top round steak, 15-20 fish oil capsules and either a bag of almonds or green vegetables. I'll tell u this that I'm young and screw around on the weekends, which has slowed my progress, but when I follow this plan strictly during the week, I get noticebly leaner each day, which is hard for me. The key for me is lean protein, not too much fat, and minimal carbs, the more protein I eat the better I look, so I try to eat as much as possible after my workout. I do plan on posting pics in a few weeks, before and after, b/c I wouldnt be making this stuff up, I'm just trying to help and I alway have been one to question conventional knowledge.
MS, I wasn't trying to argue with u, I respect your knowledge and u have a lot of good posts. I understand commercial beef isn't ideal, and grassfed is superior, but on my limited budget I use what I can. But Eating lean commercial beef is a hell of a lot closer to eating close to nature than all the packaged crap you find in the supermarket, or proccessed deli meats available. Its not perfect but much closer than eating other foods, like I said, a completely natural diet would be very hard to mimic, but the closer one can get, the better. I don't see how people don't realize that agricultural foods are so new to our diet, genetically we're 99.98% the same as we were 150,000 years ago, and 10,000 years of new foods is not enough time for our genetics to change to be able to handle them. I'm not making any of this up, this info comes from anthropologist, Dr.'s, scientists.
About our ancestors short lifespans, 1st off they were shorter mainly b/c of the hardships of life. Life was much tougher, and we weren't protected from wild animals. Also, b/c of modern medicine, vaccinations, less death at birth, our life expectency has increased. People on avg. lived less but if they could survive the hardships they could live a long life, and didn't know of autoimmune diseases, heart problems, or diabetes like most of our population today. But for a better example of this, look at societies that today live on a natural diet. The Masai from Africa, who live soley on Meat, Blood, and Goats milk have a life expectency of 73, like Americans. They don't have the same type of modern medicine we have, eat on Avg. 300g fat a day compared to Americans who consume on avg. 100g, and have perfect blood pressure and cholesterol levels, w/ no heart disease, even into old age. Look at the Intuit, the Eskimos, etc. Check out a book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" and you'll get an idea of the detrimental effects of a modern diet, and how they are reversed when cultures return to their primitive diets.

Hmm sounds interesting.

Let us know the results.

I'm a high protein/complex carb, no sugar/wheat kinda gal so I enjoy these type of conversations.

would this be an acceptible variation to your diet PwB

have a little fruit spaced startegically throughout the day with tons of water of course, maybe just 4-5 pieces total

like 3 oranges and 2 apples,

and then a huge protien dinner with some veggies if you want?

what do you think....???

would this be too much of a deviation?

I enjoy these types of converations too:)

Last edited:
the issue of fruit is difficult to answer. Fruit has my phytochemicals that are excellent for health, fight cancer, etc. But the problem is modern fruit has been bred over generations to contain far more fructose than would be found naturally. Many Dr.'s, including Dr. Mercola, Dr. Eades (Protein Power), Dr. Connely (Met-RX) believe fructose in high amounts is detrimental to health and leads to obesity. Even though it causes a low insulin release, studies have shown that even over a few weeks it significantly increases insulin resistance in both rats and humans. Another problem is fructose can only be stored as liver glycogen, and skips muscle glycogen going directly into adipose cells as fat. Oranges and Citrus fruits are the most allergenic of any fruit, but again, thats an individual thing, like I said, i'm sensitive to everything, so I eat an orange and I get bloated. The info on Citrus fruits comes from Dr. Mercola. According to Neanderthin, fruit should be kept to a minimum when fat burning is desired. That's b/c fruit is only seasonally available, during the end of the summer when it would be desirable to increase bodyfat somewhat to protect from the cold weather. How true this statement is, i'm not sure. But I think it holds some merit, along with the idea that during the winter months fat burning is at its peak and carbohydrate foods are very limited. So, to my point, I think the idea of having some fruit is great, but depends on your metabolism. Everyone is genetically different, but I think it would be a really good idea, especially if you consume fruits with a low fructose content. If you mainly want to burn fat I would eat only 1 to 2 pieces a day, this is the amount Charles Poliquin adds to his athletes diet. The greater the bodyfat, the less fruit. Low glycemic fruits like apples, berries, nectarines, and plums pre-workout b/c they are low glycemic and grapes, pineapples, and banana's post-workout. Hope this helps.

lonewulf said:
Man, I thought I was going to find out what a seven foot, human hunting space alien ate.....:D

HAHA Good one. I thought the same. Diets looks interesting and i'm always willing to try new things but i'm up at 6:00AM and i can't imagine myself not eating any protein until later that evening. I would dry up and die.

Thanks for that vote of confidence in our nation's institutions of higher learning and putting more faith in people who have something to sell you. Let me state this once and for all, ketosis is bad for you - bad, bad, bad.....no matter how much Dr. Atkins wants you to believe it. Always be skeptical of someone who has something to gain by you believing them. As for nutrition info, how advanced has it gotta be??? When a you have a diet high in animal content, it is gonna be high in cholesterol too. As we all know, cholesterol is a good way to end up in the grave early, even for yer "healthy" ancestors.

dogboy said:
Thanks for that vote of confidence in our nation's institutions of higher learning and putting more faith in people who have something to sell you. Let me state this once and for all, ketosis is bad for you - bad, bad, bad.....no matter how much Dr. Atkins wants you to believe it. Always be skeptical of someone who has something to gain by you believing them. As for nutrition info, how advanced has it gotta be??? When a you have a diet high in animal content, it is gonna be high in cholesterol too. As we all know, cholesterol is a good way to end up in the grave early, even for yer "healthy" ancestors.

being a bodybuilder doesnt necessarily mean that you are healthy, it means you are trying to get bigger....

Dogboy, check out http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm , check out the Protein Power Book, and I'll get a few more sources for you if you wish. That whole BS about cholesterol has never been proven, it's such a joke. The liver produces 80% of cholesterol on its own. It can upregulate or downregulate production depending on your intake. Cholesterol isn't even a fat, it's a waxy alcohol, its vital for our lives, and is a pre-cursor to testosterone. The Masai in Africa are a great example, eating 300g fat a day on average (Americans Average 100g), they eat high cholesterol and have no heart disease, normal cholesterol and high life expectancy. Levels of cholesterol too low are as deadly as those too high, mainly from suicide from overly low cholesterol levels. LDL and HDL levels are far more important than total cholesterol when looking at risk factors, and much of cholesterol levels is genetic. Eating cholesterol does not increase your risk of any disease or death. There's even a study of a man who at 25 eggs a day his whole life and never had high cholesterol levels. This myth has been around for 30 yrs. and the studies that were done were skewed, leaving certain countries out of the study to prove the point that high cholesterol intake is dangerous. Read the facts so you know the truth cholesterol is vital to our survival.

Top Bottom