Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Courtesy

little chris

I'm sure we've all been in the gym where some bozo does something where everyone knows its just a no no. The other night I'm doing some DBell curls and this moron cuts between me and the mirror to grab a set of dumbells obstructing my view and almost bumping into me if I didn't move instead of just waiting 20 seconds for me to finish my set.

I wanted to hear some of your experiences where you just said to yourself "where's the gym etiquette"?

Last edited:
about 2 weeks ago i was doing skull crushers, and some fat asshole was doing standing curls, with 40 pounds none-the-less, and he fucking hit my bar with his bar cuz he was so close, completely ruined the set and pissed me off. so i stood up and said "get yer fatass in the fitness room, asshole." i only said that cuz he didnt apologize, just kept doin his set.

scan0007.jpg

im used to it - my gym is small so it gets packed quick. most of the guys there are on their lunch break. can get annoying but i just work through it.

dudes not using deodorant.

damn! i just wanna say something like:

"dude, you stink man! do you know this new invention called deodorant? yeah, its great, you should try it sometimes. BIATTTTCHCHHH!!!!!!!

Its simple. . . just get out of the way so other people can use the dumbbells. Its not your gym, everyone is entitled to use the equipment. Stand back about 10 feet, not 2. . .thats all you have to do.

Louden makes good point.

The worst I can come up with...one time I needed the squat rack for SLDL and squats. I enter the gym and there's a band of three dudes using it. I come back 20 minutes later, the same three schmucks are doing quarter squats in it. When I asked them how many they had left, they literally said "Well, we finished our 5 sets each of squats. So now we each have 5 sets of bicep curl."

I was like "You guys have just monopolized the only squat rack in the entire gym for over a half hour, and you're planning on doubling that by continuing on to an exercise that you could do ANYWHERE?" The guy's like "Well...I...nobody usually uses this thing." I said "just go."

-casualbb

Can't louden, in my gym there are various types of benches and machines all in the way. There's only about a 2-3 foot gap between the Dbells and the equipment. My gym is one of those old school hardcore gyms. Very small and always packed. It seems when someone else is doing these exercises I know to wait as well as 98% of others, so why can't this moron?

i never walk into someone or get too close to them when they are performing a lift, if its high risk i will wait until they finish

if it is something like curls though, i would walk infront of them. but wouldnt smash into someone ever!

i've had one girl start doing situps on the BENCH i was benching on WHILE I WAS SITTING ON IT about to do a set!!! there were 3 other benches free as well.....i think it was because i was the only guy ignoring her and concentrating on my set

i've also had a girl do situps underneath my dumbells as im DB bench pressing. now that is JUST stupid

I always throw my stuff on what ever equipment I'm using so that people will know its taken. I was benching the one day, walked over to grab something, came back and found some jerk stripping the bar, and taking my water bottle, towel and shirt off the bench.
Another time on the same bench, I was doing close grip bench with 295lbs for sets of 5. I went over to do a set for biceps. Well the guy using the hammer strength next to the bench, decided that was a good opportunity to strip 35lbs off one side of the bar to use on his machine. I came back to do my set, he sat there from 5 feet away and watched as I lay down and unracked the bar to do my set. Since now the bar was competely uneven The weights almost went flying off the other side. The ass just sat there watching me

little chris said:
Can't louden, in my gym there are various types of benches and machines all in the way. There's only about a 2-3 foot gap between the Dbells and the equipment. My gym is one of those old school hardcore gyms. Very small and always packed. It seems when someone else is doing these exercises I know to wait as well as 98% of others, so why can't this moron?

same as my gym... but I still see guys pushed up aginst the mirror to curl & nobody can get bu them... like B fold said on another thread-- you dont need a mirror to workout-- they dont have mirrors at bodybuildiing contests ;)

Top Bottom