Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football Philosophies

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

ok, i was thinking of some things that really bug me in football.. cuz that's all i do is think about football when i'm not getting laid... (i havent been laid in 3 months)...

when a team throws on first down they should run short to medium routes... i dont like the deep ball too often on first down... why??? cuz it brings up 2nd and 10... now, on 2nd and 10, DONT FUCKING RUN THE BALL!!! i hate the run call on 2nd and 10.. if a back picks up his 4 yards that he SHOULD pick up, then it's 3rd and 6, and automatic passing down 90% of the time...

so, if you pick up a short gainer on first then run on 2nd and 7 or so, thats fine... but not 2nd and 10...

now, if you get 3rd down and 3 or less, i say that is a running down, NOT a passing down... yet 70% of the time teams throw the ball on this down... fuck that!!! the D is looking for pass.. the ends are getting up field fast on 3rd down... run it at them!!! remember, average run nets about 4 yards.... hmmm, need 3 get 4.... uh, first down!!! of course, you can also throw on this down... it's a 50-50 type thing here... you got the d where y ou want them!!!

now, 2nd and short... air that fucker out 70% of the time.. that will soften the D up for some run plays later in the game..

on defense... BLITZ THEM!!! if a team needs 6 or more on 3rd down.. dont let the wr's get down field... dont let the qb plant and pick his guy... knock that fucker around.. make him throw before his guys are open... make him throw short of the marker.. this is one thing jim johnson does that makes me LOVE his defense... 3rd and long??? dont fucking sit back in a soft god damn zone!!! i fucking hate soft defenses... 1st down is zone time... 2nd and short is zone time.... 3rd and long??? KILL THEM!!!

always bump on passing downs... knock the wr's off track.. i dont care how fast they are, if they get pushed back 2 yards their qb's timing is all fucked up...

oh, and when your team picks a ball off.. hit the closest man to you (HEHEHEHE)

i don't like the long ball either on the 1st down unless it's a really fucking awesome play and you have jerry rice in his prime. i hate it when it's 2nd and 1, and they run the ball up the middle for a stinking 1,2,3 yards. screw that, go deep or a 25 yard pass play or a deep out pattern. if you don't get it then it's 3rd and 1 anyway. 2nd and 1 gives you so many options but often teams just go for a stupid run play just enough to get the 1st down. i might even use some trick plays in this situation.

madbomber31 said:
great time for a reverse or halfback pass.. definitely!!!

I was thinking the same thing, but if I was thinking it and you were thinking it then surely the pro coaches must think it too and maybe they know each other so well that they don't do it.

nope... they know what they are "supposed" to do... so they do it... they seem to think so inside the box... because here we are knowing exactly what they are gonna do, even though they are pro's and we are here.... i think they overthink themselves too much...

and fistfull, dont compare us to them... if i won an OT toss i wouldnt kick the ball to a team that just scored 10 points on me.. would you?

madbomber31 said:
nope... they know what they are "supposed" to do... so they do it... they seem to think so inside the box... because here we are knowing exactly what they are gonna do, even though they are pro's and we are here.... i think they overthink themselves too much...

and fistfull, dont compare us to them... if i won an OT toss i wouldnt kick the ball to a team that just scored 10 points on me.. would you?

heck no.

paralysis by over-analysis

14.5 hours till game time...
go eagles!!!
go titans!!!

if i get my way... the eagles will kick the rams out of the playoffs... and they will win the east due to the NYGNATS being so bad... then i dont have to worry about donovan missing games...

i'm still concerned with the first round bye... more so than homefield advantage.. i think philly can march in to tampa and lay a smack down on them.... and green bay will be harsh but better than playing in a dome (rams game last year).... i just want a bye.. give don an extra week to sharpen up...

on 3rd and 3-5 i like to see a good draw play or the hb screen.

what are you favorite off. plays? i'd have to say my top 3 would be...

1) hb screen
2) wr slip screen
3) wr slants hitting the slot receiver 8 yards in the middle of the field.

fav. defensive scheme would have to be bringing the linebackers up on 3rd and 7+ to show blitz. one lb blitzes the other drops back in coverage and the qb has difficulties reading it.

i hate when teams rush 3 and drop 8 on 3rd and long. the average nfl play goes for 5.4 yds so in theory it's a good idea, but you give the qb way too much time to pick his targets.

blitz, blitz, blitz...

not enough teams use their TE on 3rd down.

i hate the reverse

i like the blitz when its used right----that said, i like to show blitz pretty much all the time---LB's moving alot-up to the line and then back---confusing the O Line.

Half back pass and double pass are two great plays when used sparringly.

How bout them Bears. Who will it be----Leftwich or Palmer--I dont really care as long as its one of em.

huntmaster said:
not enough teams use their TE on 3rd down.

i hate the reverse

i like the blitz when its used right----that said, i like to show blitz pretty much all the time---LB's moving alot-up to the line and then back---confusing the O Line.

Half back pass and double pass are two great plays when used sparringly.

How bout them Bears. Who will it be----Leftwich or Palmer--I dont really care as long as its one of em.

take mcmahon from the lions in a trade + draft pick.

Top Bottom