Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A little help

studlife22

I'm going off to college to play football this fall and i really want to increase my speed. I'm currently 6'2 220 and running about a 4.7. If possible i want to be able to run a low 4.6 or high 4.5. Here's my current workout, please give me any suggestions you have.

warm up
tuck jumps. (2x6) Rocket Jumps. (2x6) Lunge Jumps. (2x6) Line Hops. (2x8) Skips For Height. (3x30 meters)
Skips For Distance. (3x30 meters) Straight Leg Bounds. (3x30 meters) Forward Weight Throws.
(5) Overhead Weight Throws. (5)

Monday Flying 30's barefooted in the grass, (3 sets of 3)... 2-3 minutes rest in-between each rep,
and around 10 minutes in-between each set.
5-7 "Power Hills" at around 80% up a hill that is around a 10-degree incline. 4-5 minutes in-between each one

Tuesday running arm swings 10 times, 60 seconds on with 60 seconds off. The first 40-45 seconds is at a brisk pace,
the last 15-20 seconds is all out sprinting of the arms. 10 gassers

Wednesday - Rest and Recovery.

Thursday Jog 2 miles after strength workout

Friday 10 X drills, 2 lap warmdown

Saturday Agility drills followed by swimming for active recovery

Sunday- Rest and Recovery

You have been training for college football so hopefully your wind is up. IMO you should drop the 2 mile jog and do sled pulls (or tire, weight etc...) to develop the kind of explosiveness you will need for the 40. To warm up for this get 3 boxes (18 inches if u can handle that) if possible. Line them up in a row and stand on one, then drop and jump on the next until ur at the end. Then do sets of 12: quick box jumps using mostly legs.

Hate to keep dropping this but this and some agility work me a 4.5 at 240 at age 19...

Thanks for the advice a will do. We have plyo boxes at my school that i do . And i just got a tire after you told wr 7 tod do so thanks again

Top Bottom