Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The New York Yankees

• Thread starter Thread starter roidog420
  • Start date Start date
Also, I think because the Yankee "dynasty" is so old, and because New Yorkers are rabid about their sports teams unlike any other place--

yeah, yeah, I know y'all like your football in Texas, but New York is different. My theory is that since we're always so stressed out, we need the release of screaming our heads off for a home team--

it's our FATHERS who raised us on the Yankees. Second- and third-generation Yankees fans are more common than any other team, I would venture to say.

So it's nostalgia, it's apple pie, it's little boys in the Bronx rocking out to Buddy Holly and Sam Cooke, picking up chicks, and playing stick ball. Before they would grow up to be our Dads. It's innocence. Even if it's just an illusion (cause Steinbrenner is kind of smarmy)--it's one we all support. So not really an illusion at all.

And it's so cool how the mayor of New York is so partisan! He risks alienting all the city's Mets fans by showing his Yankee obsession. He can't help himself! He's like Spike Lee at a Knicks game!

talonracer said:
Actually met Derek Jeter a few years back, unreal how cool he was too.

Ouch, don't say that!!! That man is PAINFULLY sexy as it is.

(Actually, can you give more details?)

LOL, I got bad karma and called inmature because I said "fuck the yankees". Holy christ people take stuff too seriously. :)

I did that, engine 9, and I don't take it too seriously, just like I don't take the karma crap all that seriously (or I wouldn't be telling you this). Sorry if my bad karma upset you, I'll give you some good karma if it'll make you feel better.

bulksoon,

i have to say that was a good post. New york is messy, but I sure as hell love going there. to throw in a springsteen reference is classic. well done. I miss NY. :(

thebabydoc,

Na man don't worry about it I was just messing around. The comment really wasn't the most mature thing that I ever said, I was just too lazy to write a post on why I don't like the Yankees. In regards to the question that you asked in the karma message, about which Yankee I would start with- I unfortunately can not answer that due to me being a heterosexual. I would however consider doing one of their wives or sisters.

Peace

Is it just me or does Jeter look like he's doing a little catching off the field as well? The guy seems like he has a little sugar in his tank. All those hot broads he dates might just be a big ass beard. He's a hell of a ballplayer though. Go Yanks!!!!

Top Bottom