Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

questions about glutamine

Gotmilk?

I have read the various post on this forum about the success most of you guys had on using glutamine. So I went out and bought 900 grams of L-Glutamine this weekend. I read in one post that it is a waste to mix it in with protein shakes. I am currently on a low carb diet and I am trying to avoid using fruit juice ot milk and it tastes like shit when mixed in water. What are some altenatives that I can mix it in to get maximum results and please give an idea about how many grams a day to use and when is the most effecitve time to take it.

Oh yea I am 19yrs old
6'0, 182 12%bodyfat

Hey bro, i was told 10 to 12 grams post work out (right after your done working out). You can take it with protein just look on back to see how much glutamine is in it then add to make 10 to 12 grams hope i helped you.

PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

If you are using l-glutamine do not mix it w/ protein.Try mixing it w/ crystal light if you wish to avoid carbs.Take 5-10 grams on empty stomach b4 and after your workouts.First thing in the morning and shortly b4 bed r also good times.By the way,glutamine peptides r much more absorbable and CAN be taken w/ protein.

Glutamine should be tasteless, it isn't bitter. Glutamine comes in either powder or capsules. Best times to use is pre and post work-out and before bedtime. This has worked for me personally.
A lot of protein powders on the market have added glutamine so you are furnishing your body during the day also.
I take my pre workpout glutamine (peptide) in capsule form which is mixed with a phosphatidylserine, an anti catabolic formula. Post workout and bedtime is powder, mixed with either water or a liitle juice 4oz.

L-Glutamine is sensitive to stomach acid which is released with food. It is best absorbed on an empty stomach with water...So that little stomach acid is released and present. It in no way should tast bad...not to the point at which you simply can't drink it mixed with water.

Thanks for all your suggestions I will definately take it before and after workouts and before I go to bed(and get some crystal lite) I appreciate your help

Michael Callion

Unless you just have excess cash to spend, I wouldn't buy glutamine. Don't get me wrong, bro, it is a great supplement, but ykou get about 8g of glutamine out of a serving of most Whey Isolate. WPI and simple carbs post workout.

It is expensive to seperate the glutamine from the isolate. If you have the money, its fine, otherwise just drink extra WPI. Its the same principle as taking amino acids capsules... your body will digest the protein, so why pay a lab to break it down into amino acids....

-Stew

I thought you were supposed to take protein after your workout, so how do you avoid taking the after workout glutamine with protein?

Top Bottom