Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

knuckle-push ups (ie resting on fists)....

The problem we have here is that he has arthritis and just happens to be the world record power breaker or he is the world record breaker and just happens to have arthritis as opposed to the tow being related. Worse still, in order to achieve the feet of breaking objects, what conditioning did he undertake? Was it performed with the users health in mind (as in with patience and good medicine) or did he go a bit psychotic in order to break a record (or set one)? Clearly I do not know the answers to these questions but without all the facts I suppose we are in dnger of assuming connections where there may be none.
My father has arthritis and cancer and is also married.....therefore, given the evidence, I am avoiding marrriage....

sleeping fist you make me laugh :D I wonder if arthritis can therefore be ground for divorce?

I suppose to really look at this we need to determine exactly what behaviours/practices/conditions can bring about arthritis and them sensibly avoid them . . . reagrdless of whether it is for martial practice or not.

So, what does cause arthritis?:confused:

Well, pretty big subject, however, it is a degenerative disease which is most often associated with ageing but
can also occur or 'develope' I suppose is a better term, from injury or extreme stress as you may get in athletics or other sports and even as a result of a defective protein comprising the cartilage. Osteoarthritis seems to be genetic so I don't think that's what we are talking about.
Any 'itis' is an inflamation...like Appendicitis, an inflamation of the Appendics (how is that spelt anyway...I'm going back to Uni). The specific stresses from sports,however, would seem to be our prime concern. When the sinovial membrane of a joint becomes worn, there is a kind of rubbing between the joint surfaces and you wind up with your 'itis'. You can wind up with a fibrotic build up but then saying all this, you are realy more likely to develope an arthritic condition from being too sedentary.
Statistically, more Americans take time off work for arthritic conditions than any other condition (I don't know what criteria this was based on though) so if someone just happens to do something odd or out of the ordinary and have a disease or condition, it is pretty likely that it will be arthritic in nature and an easy scapegoat for us to blame stuff on.
One of my old instructors was the biggest mess of degenerative illness and collapsing body tissue I had ever come across, yet this did not put me off doing Chen style Small Circle Tai Chi, it did put me off eating sometimes but then I have a pretty warped imagination......I don't feel well.

Top Bottom