Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gymjunkie09's EF 90 day contest log

Hey man. So my EF search and new posts and whatever doesnt' work so I'm late to the party on your log. Subbed!

To chime in, I was doing 5x5 training for a while and LOVED it. Follow strongmans or google Bill Starr's 5x5.
It doesn't seem like much, but the gains were steady in strength. On a bulk diet growth will happen.
cool.......thanks bro

so this is what i got from googling the 5x5 program

Mon-Fri
5X5 squat
5X5 bench
3XF inverted row
3XF pushups
3XF reverse crunch

Wednesday
5X5 squat
5X5 overhead press
1X5 deadlift
3XF pullups/chins
3X30 sec prone bridges

so basicly what you guys are saying is since i will be on cycle then instead of workout A on mon-fri and workout B on wed. That i could do workout A on mon-thurs and workout B on tues-fri?

Well now that your on cycle i would recommend adding a exercise for the back of the legs, though they are used alot of deadlift

increase deadlift to 5x5, though this day will be alot harder since your doing squats and deadlifts. Maybe you should focusing on one exercise each day. Squat - Dead - Squat - Dead ect.

I would do following program if your going for a fullbody:

Squat/Deadlift 3x5
Benchpress
Militarypress
Pullups
Rows
Dips
Biceps curls

mondey - wednesday - friday

but bro, everybody is different.. maybe the program you posted will work better for you then this one, it all about trying out! but yet again 2+2 = 4 there is some rules that you gotta follow to gain

I prefer 2split since it gives me more recovery days, i personaly think that body type has alot to say here: Mesomorphs can do more sets n exercises, lower recovery time, ect... this is my teori dunno

but what i like with this fullbody program is that u hit every muscle every other day.

Well Fullbody program will give you lower recovery time since u go (ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON)
on 2split ure going (1ON - 2ON - OFF - 1ON - 2ON - OFF - OFF) Got more recovery time here, but in the 2split program you are able to incease the volume alittle per muscle group Bench - Incline / Mili - lateral /
Maybe increase with alittle more sets since your recover is speeded up

But if you do a google search on stronglifts 5x5 boomb you got the kind of program you want to be doing. You can download a book off that site that will explain all of it for you my man. Train like that and then clsoing in on the end add in the 4th work out. That is what I would do.

You are going to get 1000000 ways of doing it and advice from everyone and there brother now bro lmao. Best bet is go with that program and stick to it to a fucking T and ignore all other advice. Do not keep swithcing up going back and forth and not committing 100% to something
Wow Bro ... I checked out Medhi's site for stronglifts - Daaaayum! Decent site, and everything makes sense. Might switch to that training regime on my next bulk.

this is what i will be running with. I will alternating inverted rows with barbell rows on the mon. fri. worout

Mon-Fri
5X5 squat
5X5 bench
3XF inverted row/barbell rows
3XF pushups
3XF reverse crunch

Wednesday
5X5 squat
5X5 overhead press
5X5 deadlift
3XF pullups/chins
3X30 sec prone bridges

on saturdays I will hit the small muscle groupsbiceps/triceps/shoulders with isolation excerices (recovery permitting)

I will be starting my routine and diet tomorrow and iv'e made a few last minute tweeks to my workout and it looks like this

MON.
Squat – 5 sets of 5
Bench – 5 sets of 5
Powerclean – 5 sets of 5
Inverted Row- 3 sets to falure
Pushups- 3 sets to failure
Abs

WED.
Squat – 5 sets of 5
Overhead Press – 5 sets of 5
Deadlift- 1 set of 5
Highpulls- 5 sets of 5
Pullups/Chinups- 3 sets to failure
Abs

FRI.
Squat – 4 sets of 5, 1 set of 3, 1 set of 8
Bench – 4 sets of 5, 1 set of 3, 1 set of 8
Powerclean – 4 sets of 5, 1 set of 3
Inverted Row- 3 sets to failure
Pushups-3 set to failure
Abs

Saturday will be a 4th workout of isolation lifts (recovery permitting)

Top Bottom