Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Egg Love

I keep contemplating throwing an egg in my protein shake, not just for the added protein but also coz it will make the shake more frothy which might fool me into thinking it's something that I really want to drink :) but I keep chickening out (no pun intended! Lol!). Last thing I want is to get sick and puke everywhere. And I'm not sure that the eggs I have are pasteurized. Would it say so on the carton if they were?

hahaha. yeah i am worried about the taste as well. i don't even really like the taste of them much when they are cooked. but i eat them anyways because they make me feel so good.

my boyfriend drinks 6 eggs raw mixed up in a cup everyday, just downs it, and he says that he feels great afterwards, and that he has gotten use to the taste and texture.

hmmm, in canada most of our eggs are pasteurized (it says on the carton) but if you buy them locally, it's hard to say, one tip i can tell you to lessen the risk of salmonella is to make sure you crack the eggs on a different glass. be careful how you crack them.

I used to have egg flips as a kid.. milk, raw egg, few drops of vanilla essence, blend up and it's really yummy!! Doesn't look or taste like you're drinking raw egg, try it, you'll be suprised!!

rika, you ever try to make egg desert omlette. instead of salt some splenda, and vanilla extract, or other extract(I like banana. Then some cooking spray and you're good to go. This worked to satisfy my sweet tooth many times!

I just don't think that the benifits of raw eggs are good enough to subject myself to it since that is a diffrucult to accomplish, cooking destroys the nutritional value of most food or at least diminish it so following this logic, the other 90% of diet should also be attempted to be eaten raw. but frankly I like my broccoli cooked. Also the body is used to digesting cooked food, so its more likely I would actually have problems with unfamiliar raw food.

just don't do it! cause its gross, unless its not gross to you.lol

I keep contemplating throwing an egg in my protein shake, not just for the added protein but also coz it will make the shake more frothy which might fool me into thinking it's something that I really want to drink :) but I keep chickening out (no pun intended! Lol!). Last thing I want is to get sick and puke everywhere. And I'm not sure that the eggs I have are pasteurized. Would it say so on the carton if they were?
i think you'd be safe in doing this, just my opinion though. growing up, we made OJ from concentrate (the frozen kind) that you put in the blender and add water, and we always added one raw egg to the mix and it made it very frothy, no egg taste of course. no one ever got sick from this. but that was one egg per gallon of OJ so I dont know.

i could never eat a raw egg straight up though lol

Boiled, fried, deviled, scrambled, omlete, poached, runny, sunny side up, separated and whites only are fine....but not raw.

RD

Top Bottom