Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my boxing routine

wizeass

Here is my boxing routine, I go to classes 3 times a week and have a very high interest in going amateur someday, to help attain that goal I have made a routine. And i know boxers are supposed to run alot but that is taken care of in the classes, TRUST ME. Also besides this what kind of diet should i follow.
Boxing Training

Monday Upper Body Day
1. Bench press
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5
2. Cable row to the neck
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5

2. Military press
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
3. 4. Dumbbell shrugs
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5

5. Barbell row
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5

Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursday:
Boxing class

Saturday Lower Body Training

1. Back squat
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5

2. Deadlift

1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5

3. Leg Extensions

1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 5

Thanks .

You'll probably get a few different opinions, but here's mine...

You're doing too many major muscle groups in one day. I know you're only lifting 2x a week and have to condense it. But, you can't train say...legs and back heavy on the same day, especially not deads and squats on the same day. I notice you have deads as a "lower body" lift. They actually hit your entire back very hard, from your lats and traps, to your erectors. I would also rotate days. Do upper body on Saturday so it can recover over the weekend and monday. If you hit chest and shoulders on Monday, you'll still be sore when you box on Tuesday. And you're putting in a lot of upper body work on muscles that are trying to recover.

I would do something like this...

SATURDAY
deadlifts
db bench
incline db bench
militaries
+ditch the shrugs. Shrug the lockouts when you deadlift.
- this is a lot in one day. Deads are tough, then following them with two more compound movements will take its toll on you. Whatever you do last, you'll be pretty beat by that time, so rotate it sometimes. I just put deads first because they're the toughest, and my favorite lift. Militaries are important for you, as you may have figured out by now when the day after you box, they're sore as fuck. And of course chest. I would use dumbells more than barbells.

After your lift on saturday eat a shitload of protein and carbs, and keep the calories high on Sunday. Eat a lot and sleep more. On your days off, Friday and Sunday, don't do a damn thing you don't have to. Just rest and eat.

MONDAY
squats
leg presses
extensions or whatever else you want

You are also doing very few reps with everything. I would recommend upping the reps unless you want to focus on strength. 2-5 reps won't help much when the 4th round comes around and your muscles are sapped. Do strength lifts occasionally, but for the most part you should be doing higher reps.

Keep focusing, and stay dedicated bro. Good luck

Thaibox said:
You'll probably get a few different opinions, but here's mine...

You're doing too many major muscle groups in one day. I know you're only lifting 2x a week and have to condense it. But, you can't train say...legs and back heavy on the same day, especially not deads and squats on the same day. I notice you have deads as a "lower body" lift. They actually hit your entire back very hard, from your lats and traps, to your erectors. I would also rotate days. Do upper body on Saturday so it can recover over the weekend and monday. If you hit chest and shoulders on Monday, you'll still be sore when you box on Tuesday. And you're putting in a lot of upper body work on muscles that are trying to recover.

I would do something like this...

SATURDAY
deadlifts
db bench
incline db bench
militaries
+ditch the shrugs. Shrug the lockouts when you deadlift.
- this is a lot in one day. Deads are tough, then following them with two more compound movements will take its toll on you. Whatever you do last, you'll be pretty beat by that time, so rotate it sometimes. I just put deads first because they're the toughest, and my favorite lift. Militaries are important for you, as you may have figured out by now when the day after you box, they're sore as fuck. And of course chest. I would use dumbells more than barbells.

After your lift on saturday eat a shitload of protein and carbs, and keep the calories high on Sunday. Eat a lot and sleep more. On your days off, Friday and Sunday, don't do a damn thing you don't have to. Just rest and eat.

MONDAY
squats
leg presses
extensions or whatever else you want

You are also doing very few reps with everything. I would recommend upping the reps unless you want to focus on strength. 2-5 reps won't help much when the 4th round comes around and your muscles are sapped. Do strength lifts occasionally, but for the most part you should be doing higher reps.

Keep focusing, and stay dedicated bro. Good luck
that might work....if you're a someone that uses STEROIDS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
MUSCLETECHSUX said:

that might work....if you're someone that uses STEROIDS!!!!

if your gonna make comments like that then at least try and back em up with reasons why:rolleyes:

he is hitting legs twice but gioven he;s only hitting deads on sat, and then doind the majority of leg work on monday i dont see a problem with volume and muscle recovery...do you?

That's a very good routine from Thaibox. I would try to work some kind of a speed lift, like power cleans, into your routine. They really help in exploding off of your toes, which is really important in your footwork and punching power. Most important is your floorwork in your boxing gym, doing your footwork, shadowboxing and calisthenics.

yeah, u need some "olympic" type lifts in there. do some clean and push presses, etc. that exercise alone can eliminate about 4 of the ones u listed, as it gets all those muscle groups, plus helps overall body "explosion" unlike those other exercises. Im 13-0 amateur, and all i do outside of the boxing gym is sprints twice a week, and lift twice a week following this routine-
Day1-clean and push press-5x6/squat-5x10(use a "lighter" weight so u can add a little explosiveness to the squats, like sprinters do)/pullups
Day2-deadlifts 5x6(shrugs at top)/bench 5x6/wierd across the body curls to simulate uppercuts/dips
Even this may be too much if you work properly in the gym.

Top Bottom