Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you reach Ketosis while on Growth Hormone?

How do you know you are in ketosis?

GH suppresses insulin, so I don't think that it would be the issue.

I could be mistaken, I am on minimal sleep right now so my brain isn't working as well as it could be.

well GH doesnt exactly suppress insulin, but it does have anti insulin activity. Insulin when bound to receptors allows translocation of the glut-4 transporter from the cytoplasm into the membrane and thus facillitates glucose uptake into the cell.

GH blocks the translocation of the glut-4 transporter into the membrane, and does not allow for glucose uptake in to the cell. This causes hyperglycemia and when used for long periods of time at excessive dosages is a primary stimulus for diabetes mellitus. The pancreas realizes that insulin is not having any effect, and will eventually stop producing insulin.

I must be missing somthing or actually not missing somthing in my diet and I'm getting to much carb intake I guess. I will just tighten up then.

Another question would be should one carb loading day be used per week to replenish or not?

Did people miss this post?

Those sticks are for diabetics to see if they are in diabetic ketoacidosis. If they turn purple, it is a pathological condition and a medical emergency.

If you are in ketosis, then your body will be burning the ketones as a source of energy, not urinating them out.

If anything, you will get 'trace' on the sticks, and that will typically be after cardio.

I hope that is clear.

I may be mistaken, but I thought that (this relates to natural GH) that insulin was necessary with GH to cause the more anabolic IGF+1. This relates to natural GH, but I wondered whether it would mean that exogenous GH would be less effective on ketosis (I'm a total newb on any aas issue, but just offering it as a possibility)

hgh makes more igf-1, igf-1 is "insulin-like growth factor 1" the reason it's called insulin-like is because it acts like a weak insulin.

this is why GH causes insulin resistance. this is why you are having trouble getting into ketosis.

get some Alpha lipoic acid take 300mg with a large serving of ground beef (not lean) you will be in ketosis by the next morning if not later that day

and yes ketostix accurately measure ketosis (there is always some spillover into urine) and not ketoacidosis, however for diabetics benign ketosis develops rapidly into ketoacidosis which is dangerous which is why diabetics need to avoid going into ketosis!

Those sticks are for diabetics to see if they are in diabetic ketoacidosis. If they turn purple, it is a pathological condition and a medical emergency.

If you are in ketosis, then your body will be burning the ketones as a source of energy, not urinating them out.

If anything, you will get 'trace' on the sticks, and that will typically be after cardio.

I hope that is clear.

agree---not sure how ketoacidosis and ketosis can be confused so often:confused:

i would also be very cautious with diet because of the slow onset of insulin supression caused by the GH.

Ketoacidosis is not a risk in a non-diabetic. Its deadly for diebetics because they don’t have enough insulin [or sensitivity] to clear the ketones from the blood [yes, small amounts of insulin are needed to utilize ketones for energy and clear then from the blood]

So ketosis is just fine for a healthy individual. There is nothing unhealthy about it unless your body isn’t used to it which the only side effect is feeling like shit… but this only last 1-2 weeks until your body starts learning how to use ketones.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about staying “purple”… its very tough for a well trained athlete to get into ketosis since their gluconeogenesis conversion is working well enough to convert proteins to carbs and keep the blood sugar high enough to avoid extreme ketosis.

-Pp

So does that mean that even though it doesnt show that I am burning or releasing ketones..I am still using my fat stores for energy and am losing it? I know my carbs have been under 40 per day but usually use the sticks to for assurance that I'm doing well with it.

Top Bottom