Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing

New Jack

If I'm into a rigorous boxing regimen where I am training for an amateur fight (running for miles 2x wk, sprints 2x wk, weightlifting 2x wk, plenty of sparring, bag/mit work, jump rope, good diet, plenty of water, etc.) will taking glutamine and a protein shake daily help me or is it a waste?

The reason I ask this is because I am only lifting 2x a week. I am already taking a multi vitamin.

1) Does glutamine help in recovery for doing alot of cardio or just recovery in lifting?

2) Is it a waste of time to take glutamine and protein shakes daily if I'm only lifting 2x a week?

3) Is only lifting 2x a week good enough for boxing?

Thanks in advance.

Taking Glutamine and protein is essential bro. I take 15g glutamine after I lift, and 15g before bed(minimum).

Most importantly, with the amount of cardio you're subjecting yourself to, you need a shitload of protein if you want to maintain your results from lifting. If you aren't taking in a ton of protein(as well as cals) you are totally wasting your time lifting. I would lift more, but if you can only make the gym 2x a week I would suggest doing seriously heavy compound stuff if you're not already doing that.

Good luck

I don't know much about glutamine, but protein powder is a very important element to a boxer's diet. It helps preserve muscle mass without adding too much bulk. I think twice a week is ok for boxing, I assume you mean once a week for legs and once for upper body. It looks like you have a pretty good workout. At what weight do you box? If the fight is coming up soon, is making weight going to be an issue (it always is for me)?

That's a tough schedule. Put the sprinting day on the same days as weighlifting, personally I do them in the morning so by late afternoon I can lift. You might want to box 3x a week since you will be fighting soon and run later in the night or before you box to warmup....

any lifting will help, take Vitamin C tom help your immune system and get rid of free radicals. Tons of protein and water the glutamin I would recomend as well.. How long untill the fight????

Thaibox you still compete???? I was thinking about going back into it, or into some pwerlifting again....

No bro, I'm out of it. Too many injuries to deal with right now. My worst injury is a couple crushed discs, and I'm lifting around that. I'm finally getting back surgery soon, which I'm looking forward to. After that I'm going to start seriously powerlifting and studying Aikido formally. No more smashing bodyparts for me:) . I suppose I'm done with Thai and MMA.

Top Bottom