Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

9/8 NFL Week 1: Oakland at New England (Over/Under)

brahma_bull said:
so is this considered a push?

No winning outcomes, which is why it's an over/under.

There are no pushes here, which is why the "no winning outcomes" box is present.

Let's say the spread on tonight's game was +8.0 for Oakland. If Oakland lost by exactly 8 points, there would be no winning outcomes, the bookie gets to keep the money since you have to factor the spread.

Wait a sec, you are keeping all bets?? Isn't this no action?

Im protesting if you keep it all.

A total line is offered on the predicted total number of points scored. Prices are offered for the actual number of points to be over or under this quote. The total result is the combined total points for both teams at the end of the relevant period of play. The total points scored includes points scored in overtime for all US sports. US sports are defined as American football, basketball, baseball and ice hockey. For other sports, refer to our rules section pertaining to that particular sport. All total wagers on US sports include all overtime scoring with the lone exception being 4th quarter wagers When the combined scores of both teams equals the totals line exactly then the result is a 'push'.

For example, if the total is 32 and you believe that the combined points scored by the two teams will exceed that number, you would wager over 32. If the total end up being exactly 32, the result is a push or tie. That means that you don't win or lose, your original wager is refunded.

A total wager is a bet on the combined number of points scored in the game by both teams. You can bet on whether the actual number of total points scored is over or under the line posted. The total points scored includes points scored in overtime.

You can also bet whether the combined number of points or goals scored in the game will be over or under the total set by the oddsmaker. For example, if the total is 32 and you believe that the combined points scored will exceed that number, you would bet over 32.

This is really another form of straight bet and the payoff is also $10 for every $11 bet. Again, if the total is exactly on the line, it is a push or tie and your original bet is refunded.

Here's the deal, you keep all the bets, I never bet with you again. Plain and simple.

You didn't state the tie outcome until after the fact. Every other sports books I've used will call no action if the over/under number is hit exactly.

TOTAL SCORE (OVER/UNDER)

A total score wager (also known as an Over/Under wager) is a single wager on the total number of points that will be scored by both teams combined at the end of the contest. Rather than wagering on whether one team is going to win or lose you are betting on the total number of points scored by both teams combined.

Rules

To win an OVER wager, the total points scored by both teams combined (sum) must exceed the posted number
To win an UNDER wager, the total points scored by both teams combined (sum) must be less than the posted number
If the Total Score is the same as the number for the (a tie/push) then the wagered amount is refunded.
The Total Score (Over/Under) number is subject to change at any time.
Once a wager is confirmed at a given Total Score number, that is the number for that wager regardless of subsequent changes.
The odds on all Total Score wagers are 10/11 ($110 wagered to win $100), unless otherwise specified.

Lestat said:
A total line is offered on the predicted total number of points scored. Prices are offered for the actual number of points to be over or under this quote. The total result is the combined total points for both teams at the end of the relevant period of play. The total points scored includes points scored in overtime for all US sports. US sports are defined as American football, basketball, baseball and ice hockey. For other sports, refer to our rules section pertaining to that particular sport. All total wagers on US sports include all overtime scoring with the lone exception being 4th quarter wagers When the combined scores of both teams equals the totals line exactly then the result is a 'push'.

For example, if the total is 32 and you believe that the combined points scored by the two teams will exceed that number, you would wager over 32. If the total end up being exactly 32, the result is a push or tie. That means that you don't win or lose, your original wager is refunded.

Exactly, that's the way it's done in real gambling, so we should be refunded our original bets.

From: http://www.virtualbookmaker.com/sports_betting_wager_types_straight_.html

Total (over/under) Wagers

If you wagered on over the total (or the over) and there were more than 48 total points scored in the game (including all overtimes) then the wager is a winner.
If you wagered on under the total (or the under) and there were less than 48 total points scored in the game (including all overtimes) then the wager is a winner.
NOTE: If the game concludes and there are exactly 48 total points scored, then the game ends in a 'tie' or 'Push' and all money is refunded. You do not win nor lose any money.

brahma_bull said:
Exactly, that's the way it's done in real gambling, so we should be refunded our original bets.
I've PMed swole about it, I have a feeling he'll make this right.

Give me until tomorrow to take care of this.

Don't make me out to be a bad guy, we can handle this maturely. A sticky bookie situation like this has taken place before, and I settled it within an hour.

Calm down and I will refer to my sources. It will be settled tomorrow. Plain and simple.

Top Bottom