Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

These damn Lance Armstrong things have to go!

to me, they are like those stupid ribbon magnet things on everyone's car that people are putting sideways just to annoy me.
you aren't supporing the 'troops' by putting that on your car.... you're supporting the convenience store!!

On this same note

What do you peeps think of them drowning the STL arch in Pink lighting for Breast Cancer?

it is a national monument and there are two sides to this:

1. It's sacred and this opens it up to all kinds of special interests - What if Geigh Rights groups want to drown it in rainbow lights for a night? i.e it is a sippery slope.

2. It raises awareness for a good cause - it is a national monument put to a good use.

The Ejaculator said:
On this same note

What do you peeps think of them drowning the STL arch in Pink lighting for Breast Cancer?

it is a national monument and there are two sides to this:

1. It's sacred and this opens it up to all kinds of special interests - What if Geigh Rights groups want to drown it in rainbow lights for a night? i.e it is a sippery slope.

2. It raises awareness for a good cause - it is a national monument put to a good use.

all the skyskrapers in Philly are lit up pink right now for breast cancer month, and wll probably be lit up green when the Eagles win the superbowl ;)

Fountains in the city are pink too. I was tempted to push someone in to see if they'd be pink too, like Ghostbusters II.

What bothers me is the people buying/selling them on Ebay for up to $10. None of THAT money goes to cancer research and only a trendy wannabe dork would do that.

jerkbox said:
all the skyskrapers in Philly are lit up pink right now for breast cancer month, and wll probably be lit up green when the Eagles win the superbowl ;)

That's different, IMO, those aren't national monuments in a national park...

Private property owners are welcome to do whatever they'd like...

Seashell said:
Wait...what are you ppl even talking about? Wear what?

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. Now that you mention it I've seen yellow wrist bands on a few people, I just never knew that they meant anything.

I guess Seashell and I either don't get out much or are oblivious to the rest of the world. :D

Carl Carlson said:
I see it like an empty gesture, like those 'yellow ribbon' magnets people have on their cars. Putting something on your car or wearing a bracelet on your wrist, to me, doesn't say much.

you made some nice points in this thread and i agree there are a lot of assheads out there that can ruin an nice geniune idea lifes a bitch

btw i wear a bracelet its a plain silver bracelet it looks kinda like a stupid fashion thing but its to remind me of my friend in iraq its not to raise awareness really just keeps me thinking about him while he is over there.. works for me.. could be that some of the people are doing it for that reason as well

but again i do bet a lot of people are getting ribbons/bracelts/flags just to do it and dont really care..

and how much money from a 2dollar ribbon at at a gas station is going to help the troops????

KillahBee said:
There are these little $1 bracelets (I think they say "Believe" on them) that millions of people in this country wear now. They are yellow, but now they come in pink (how cute). Don't know how they started, but they are some sort of way to show you "support" for cancer and the $ probably goes to research or something. It has become a fad and it cheapens the entire idea of donating money/support to a cause. IMO.

I still wear mine and it has nothing to do with fashion. A yellow latex band isn't much of an attention getter imo. I've lost 4 family members to cancer and the $$$ goes to survivors. 100% of the $$$ raised goes to the charity, so if some dumb cunt wants to wear something they have no clue about and can support a good cause I'm for it. You can tell who they are. They're the same cocksuckers that put up 185 4 times arching their back and screaming the whole way. They sit up and try to stare you down for the 5 minutes they have to rest.

Top Bottom