Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

These damn Lance Armstrong things have to go!

Even if it's a fashion statement, the proceeds go to Lance's cancer foundation. The more people that wear them means the more money for cancer.

Ish said:
Even if it's a fashion statement, the proceeds go to Lance's cancer foundation. The more people that wear them means the more money for cancer.

I agree, but shit, just donate a dollar and keep it to yourself. Or donate $5 and keep it to yourself. I am not arguing that it is a bad idea to sell them for cancer research, I am saying that people's motives are in question here - Carl Carlson hit the nail on the head with his post (above).

jerkbox said:
if you don't like them, DON'T WEAR ONE........i think even you can grasp that concept

Great point. You addressed everything I said in my initial post. Might as well just lock this puppy up now that the voice of reason has chimed in.

i guess people putting flags on their cars after 911 was "trendy" too....or the yellow ribbons for soldiers, or breast cancer walks.....it's called raising awareness. it keeps money coming in...it's a marketing tool, for a good cause.

trendy or not, doesn't really matter. this is the concept that seems to have eluded you.....

jerkbox said:
i guess people putting flags on their cars after 911 was "trendy" too....or the yellow ribbons for soldiers, or breast cancer walks.....it's called raising awareness. it keeps money coming in...it's a marketing tool, for a good cause.

trendy or not, doesn't really matter. this is the concept that seems to have eluded you.....

No, I get it. And yes, I do think all those things are trendy. I am not knocking the creators/planners of all this - in the end, if it gets more $, then the battle was won. I am simply questioning the motives of many of those that wear it. Hell, you say that you have been affected personally by cancer - doesn't fake "awarenes" or caring piss you off? It pisses me off.

KillahBee said:
No, I get it. And yes, I do think all those things are trendy. I am not knocking the creators/planners of all this - in the end, if it gets more $, then the battle was won. I am simply questioning the motives of many of those that wear it. Hell, you say that you have been affected personally by cancer - doesn't fake "awarenes" or caring piss you off? It pisses me off.

i'd be more pissed off if someone started making knockoffs and selling them or something like that....

either way, for whatever reason they are wearing them, the money went to a good cause, and it's like a walking advertisement for it. And i find that most people seem to wear them for the right reason, because like you said, most of us have been affected.

KillahBee said:
don't pull that fucking line on me, dad. we have all been touched by cancer somehow (and I will not demean those close to me who have had it by using them to back up anything I do). it's a fashion statement for many. As I said, I don't doubt that many are doing it for the right reason and to raise awareness. But, something is odd when it becomes popular and comes in different colors (how cute, the girls get pink) and shit.

I gotta agree, there's point where it loses its meaning when most of these assfucks don't even know why there're wearing them.

Same gos with all the Bush/Kerry bashing, most people have no clue what they're talking about and just run their mouth.

I think basically what your trying to say is whoppi your wearing a bracelet..instead of buying one for a buck, why don't you raise moeny for the cause instead. If you truly want to help out a cause it takes more than donating a buck.

The whole support becoming a fashion statement, although it might increase sales, it also water downs the reason behind it. Some people probably wear the bracelet in memory of a loved one, while others wear it because its the in thing.. kind of disgusting in some respects. because it shows a lack of respect for the cause. I bet you half the people wearing them don't even understand the reasoning behind it. i do'n t live in The US. So not sure if there is a story behind it or not

Prettylittlepest said:
I think basically what your trying to say is whoppi your wearing a bracelet..instead of buying one for a buck, why don't you raise moeny for the cause instead. If you truly want to help out a cause it takes more than donating a buck.

The whole support becoming a fashion statement, although it might increase sales, it also water downs the reason behind it. Some people probably wear the bracelet in memory of a loved one, while others wear it because its the in thing.. kind of disgusting in some respects. because it shows a lack of respect for the cause. I bet you half the people wearing them don't even understand the reasoning behind it. i do'n t live in The US. So not sure if there is a story behind it or not

Second paragraph was deadon. first was a little off - every bit helps. Even if they can get random people to spend just a dollar, it still is a good thing.

Top Bottom