Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

These damn Lance Armstrong things have to go!

Most of the braclets you see now aren't even for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. They're being sold by opportunistic schmucks who know the masses will buy the variety color. Shit some of them don't even say anything on it. They just sit in a little bin at the counter of the shoe store. Or, if any of you in Florida have heard of these radio hacks, Lex and Terry sell Drunk Bitch Friday bracelets.

Carl Carlson said:
I see it like an empty gesture, like those 'yellow ribbon' magnets people have on their cars. Putting something on your car or wearing a bracelet on your wrist, to me, doesn't say much.
I have a yellow ribbon magnet on my truck and i'm proud of it. My brother is over in Iraq defending this country and i'm supporting him and our military men and women over there. So it does say something. So it might be a empty gesture to the likes of someone like you, but it's not to some people.

people paid for it didn't they? doesn't part of that money go to the cause?

Whiskey

Whiskey said:
people paid for it didn't they? doesn't part of that money go to the cause?

Whiskey

Depends. Check out my post above about the fake ones.

There was a segment on the news a few months back about a bunch of people selling the ribbon magnets on the side of the road saying the money went to widow(er)s of service members, but it was just a scam.

What it really comes down to is the intention of the individual wearing it.

i hear those yellow bracelets have been embraced by the gay community

Lestat said:
nice!

what do you do for work?

i work w/ "learning disabled" people.. lots of people w/ severe retardation and/or down syndrome.. its an awesome job. these people are soo cool :)

i work overnights @ a house w/ 4 of them.. they're really dependent

Top Bottom