Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oklahoma Sooner Football - Ranked #1??

I would not only agree he is overhyped and over rated, but tip my hat to Strait. This kid Starit is lights out. He is from Austin and chose OU over TX because Stoops told him he would play four years. After red-shirting his freshman year he has been instrumental to OU's defensive success.

Hey, I want to know who found Bobby Stoops?

That guy knows his shit! He came out of Florida under Steve Spurrier right? I guess the AD for OU found Stoops, he did his job when finding a new coach.

Derrick Strait is a great player. The funny thing is that Stoops recruited him w/o ever seeing him play a down of football. He offered him a scholarship after seeing him at a basketball game and realized that he was a great athlete. Texas and OU both have great athletes, but Stoops and his staff instill an attitude and drive to win like no other staff in the nation. They are expected to win and they do just that. Stoops was under Snyder at K-State and under Spurrier at Florida. Stoops deserves a ton of credit but his assistants like Mike Stoops, and Brent Venables deserve credit as well. Our AD, Joe Castiglione, brought this staff in to win and that's all they have done since they've been here. If you look around we also had the head coach of Texas Tech, Mike Leach, as our OC, and the head coach of Kansas, Mark Mangino, as our O-line coach. It won't be long before little brother Mike Stoops is head coach somewhere too.

I know it won't happen, BUT I wish we could have little brother Mike. Who knows, Mike may choose to stay working with Bobby, they are one hell of a team. They have a knack for instilling a winning attitude...it is a great staff.

I have been listening to sports animal radio and talk is concentrated around Mack Brown.

Will Mack Brown keep his job? Yes. . . .

What if Mack Brown loses 2 more games this season? probably not. . .

Mack Brown has some of the top athletes in college football, but he stagnates their progress. Look what happened to Sims last season.

Texas is a great team, but is held back because of Mack Brown. . . Texas should look into Les Miles from Okie State.

Les Miles knows how to beat Oklahoma. . . then again I like Les Miles at Okie State.

Regarding Mack, he will not get fired. His job is not on the line because he has drastically improved the program over the past five years.

The Oc and DC should be looked at harder and scrutinized a little tougher though. Greg Davis seriously calls some dumbass plays sometimes.

The thing that stood out to me was the way OU attacks the ball all the time. They constantly try to strip the ball on every play. There were a dozen plays where the UT players were right there where the ball was not being covered and they did not even try to strip the ball.

I would like to see Mack stay but only if he revamps the OC and DC positions. Also the strength coach Mad Dawg Madden should be evaluated. This Oline and running game was supposed to be tops in the country, they aren't!

If I were AD Texas we would be looking into OC and DC and Strength coach replacements...I keep Brown but change up the coordinators.

I am very disappointed in the effort we showed this weekend, and someone should be fired after the season.

I agree Shadow...Mack's job is not in jeopardy, yet.
They will make him fire his Coordinators though. As far as strength coach, maybe UT should look at Lance Armstrong. He may not know much about strength training, but he's tougher than anyone Texas has on that team right now and he won't just lay over and die when he is getting his ass kicked.

swain, the sooners are looking fierce. i think miami or usc could give them a game, just from the athlete perspective. but usc already has a loss and miami will have to deal with va tach and pitt, so we shall see.

I would love to see Oklahoma/Miami in the Sugar Bowl. I think OU is the stronger team overall. We have no weaknesses right now.

sinjinsmythe33 said:
swain, the sooners are looking fierce. i think miami or usc could give them a game, just from the athlete perspective. but usc already has a loss and miami will have to deal with va tach and pitt, so we shall see.

did he say USC bwaahahahahahahahahaha

Top Bottom