Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Official Press Release Of Flex Wheeler's Retirement.

THE BOUNCER

PRESS RELEASE

This press release has been issued to address recent online reports and speculation regarding Mr. Wheeler's plans as a competitive professional bodybuilder. The nature of this release is intimately personal. Per the request of Mr. Wheeler, he would like to address everyone, leaving no stone unturned, for the next chapter in his life has begun.

Flex Wheeler:

"Well, I will start with my competition plans and the stuff going around the 'Net. After my training injury rehabilitation in July, I geared up for the Olympia with a newfound respect for myself, and the sport at large. My plans up until last week were to do the Olympia 100% drug free. I was able to maintain a very respectable bodyweight -- I am currently 252 lbs. -- off drugs since October, and planned to compete around 215 lbs at the 2001 Olympia. The game plan was in place to shock everyone, and show the entire world what can be accomplished using one's God given tools. Everything was going fantastic. It did not matter to me how I placed or who won, because my purpose was to make a statement and lead by example. If I can do it, anyone can, you know? While I have no ill will towards those who choose to use bodybuilding drugs -- Lord knows I've done them for many years -- personally, enough is enough for many reasons. I am not a kid anymore, and I have a family to support. More importantly, using drugs at this point in my life goes against my personal Christian beliefs. There are many other ways to get from Point A to Point B. The sport's governing bodies are working hard to clean up the drug issue, and with God's blessing, I was aiming to bolster this goal by leading the way in surprising fashion. It seemed like a perfect plan, but frankly, other opportunities and obstacles stepped in.

"This week I had a hernia operation. An obstacle for sure, and on top of other avenues to make money for my family, promote bodybuilding and spread His word, competing in the Olympia progressed from eager preparation, to uncertainty, to being totally out of the question. I wish it wasn't to be -- I really, really do -- but time has moved on, and I think it's time for me to do the same.

"While an athlete of my caliber making a splash appearance without drug use would certainly help the cause and mainstream accessibility, I've been presented the opportunity to get to the elusive Point B much faster in lieu of injuries through charity work, traveling the world and conducting training camps, promoting my autobiography through my publishing house's book tour, and becoming a man who represents our sport for what it really can and should be.

"Effective immediately, I am publicly announcing my retirement from competition. Please note that I am not leaving bodybuilding. Not at all. Bodybuilding is what I do best, and has been a huge part of my life. I will play an active, direct role in our sport, be it promoting contests, judging or whatever I can do to participate and help the IFBB. On top of that, my company, Team Flex, and I have a priority, and that is to reach the grassroots bodybuilder and gym enthusiast through a variety of media and public relations, from the Internet to touring to film and print work. Focusing on such mainstream efforts is a nice transition.

"I want to offer my sincerely apology to those who expected me to compete at the Olympia. I am truly very sorry, and I sincerely hope everyone understands. I will be attending the Olympia expo and want to offer the best of luck to all athletes competing in the show. It should be both exciting and sad for me to watch from the audience, as I am moving on to another chapter in my life. I am blessed by having other avenue's to continue doing what I love, and a great support group at home and professionally through all my fans across the globe. For that, I thank them many times over. At 36 years old, this isn't how I wanted to bow out, but overall I've had a great run. In the end, I'll still be here promoting the sport day by day, chapter by chapter, and person by person. God bless, and I wish everyone my best."

Top Bottom