Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

×myd× body sculpt

I did eat tuna, too. Morewhat, Loved it. I saw a report about it in the news not long ago.
I eat now only octopus, salmon, white tuna- not sure about it, but tastes like candy, yummie- crab, shrimp, eel sometimes.

"Some types of sushi, such as California rolls (which contain steamed crab) and cooked eel, are fine to eat. But it's best to avoid eating the kinds that contain raw seafood, such as tuna.

Fresh, raw seafood is potentially risky because it can contain parasites such as tapeworm, which, if they grow large enough, could rob your body of nutrients needed. Freezing and cooking deep-sixes the parasites. For this reason, many Japanese restaurants that specialize in sushi use frozen rather than fresh fish. But restaurants in the United States aren't required to freeze fish before serving it raw"

"Scrombriod Poisoning:

Source: Tuna, bonito, mackerel, albacore, aku, sardines, anchovies, and numerous other fish part of the Scrombriod order are subject to a special form of poisoning due to spoilage. These fish may taste sharp and pungent.

Cause: Inadequate refrigeration allows marine bacteria to interact with the flesh of the fish and produce histamine and saurine, the chemicals responsible for the symptoms. Scombroid poisoning (also called histamine poisoning) is caused by the ingestion of foods that contain high levels of these histamines, and possibly other amines and compounds. Eating tuna and similar species that aren't freshly caught and/or adequately refrigerated is very risky, especially when you are underway and professional medical attention is not available.

Symptoms: Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea and may require hospitalization, particularly in the case of elderly or impaired patients. Later symptoms may include intense headache, dizziness, abdominal pain, dry burning throat, and pain or difficulty swallowing. This is followed by flushed red skin, itching and hives, and swelling may occur in the face, along with other allergy-type symptoms such as itchy red eyes and nasal congestion."

"What is mercury, and how does it get into tuna and other fish?

Mercury is a heavy metal, naturally present in rocks and soil, that gets into the environment mainly from emissions generated by coal-burning power plants and waste incinerators. Small amounts are also released as soil and rocks break down or during disposal of products that contain mercury, such as fluorescent light bulbs and certain thermometers. Mercury eventually reaches the oceans and rivers, where bacteria convert it to a more toxic form of the metal, which then accumulates in long-lived predatory fish, including tuna. Indeed, consumption of fish is the primary source of mercury in Americans' bodies.

Are there any types of fish that are low in mercury?

Some seafood species--salmon, shrimp, clams, and tilapia--have such consistently low mercury levels that everyone, including pregnant women and young children, can safely eat them every day. (Choosing wild salmon minimizes exposure to a number of other pollutants.) Other low-mercury species, including oysters, hake, sardines, crawfish, pollock, herring, flounder, sole, mullet, Atlantic mackerel, scallops, crab, and Atlantic croaker, can be consumed anywhere from once a week to daily, depending on body weight and the fish species (see Low-mercury seafood choices)."

Laallaa la lalaaaa la la la.

Ok, I think I should give up on jump roping. My shin started hurting and right below my knee. But I love it..A lot better than biking and elliptical, moves the whole body.
Should I use some cream? Or it's just muscle strain?

myd said:
Laallaa la lalaaaa la la la.

Ok, I think I should give up on jump roping. My shin started hurting and right below my knee. But I love it..A lot better than biking and elliptical, moves the whole body.
Should I use some cream? Or it's just muscle strain?

Sounds like a shin splint....so RICE it!!

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Ok, I feel the same kind of pain in my arms.

But I am taking off some time soon so I'll take my body to the repair shop.

Do you guys have any idea what to do for legs BC of my knees? I really don't want to miss a day.
Thanks

myd said:
Do you guys feel kinda moody/depressed after workout??
Actually no, I often feel a 'high' ...

Jump ditch the rope if you have shin issues ... same with running & hard pounding ... that what bikes & Ellipitcals are for ...

Is this 'pain' your body just getting used to lifting something heavy or adjusting to a different style of training? Pain as in "OUCH", or ACHE as in "yep I worked that muscle?"

More Good reading for you beautiful ... :)

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492791

Thank you thank you!!

A trainer guy at the gym told me I should go back to machines, he thinks this is why I was down.
I like the free weights. Ache as Ouch, pain as "I had a workout" I love, if I do Not have this kind of pain then I complaint.

Going to read :)

Machines can actually make things worse. (With the exception of some Hammer Strength machines.) They don't work the stabilizers at all and the amount of functional strength that you gain is minimal. I'd stick with the free weights and warm up properly. Go with good form and get rid of the hard pounding exercises like running as Bunny said.

Jumproping is my favorite so far, I monopolize the group exercise room, pump a little volume on the stereo and ready to go..:) Can't run though.

Before, I did the bike and elliptical, I am going back now on them for a little.

thank you! :rose:

Top Bottom