Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Routine for the "Sprinter Style Body"

• Thread starter Thread starter solidj55
  • Start date Start date
S

solidj55

Thanks to balplayer for the sprinting routine this is what my routine will look like.

MONDAY
bench press or incline press
dumbell press
side lateral raise
tri pushdowns or extensions
8x200meter sprints

TUESDAY
1 mile run, no lifting

WEDNESDAY
t-bar or seated rows
wide or closegrip pulldowns
shrugs
straightbar or some sort of dumbell curl
3x500meter sprints

THURSDAY
1 mile run, no lifiting

FRIDAY
hack squat or leg press
leg curls
lower back hyperextensions
calf raises
10-12x100meter sprints

So what do you guys think??? I cant squat, deadlift, or do hang cleans because of a back injury that doesnt allow me to have heavy weight that compresses down on my spine so I had pick leg press or light hack squats. Other than that my diet will be 1g/pound of bodyweight of protein, about 150-200 carbs per day and some flaxseed oil and thats it. What do you think?

500 metre sprints???!!!!

no way can anyone sprint for that distance.....100 is hard enough flat out, 200 nearly impossible at 100%....300, no....500....no way!

Your routine does'nt look bad, but i would recomend a more explosive power based routine (that sprinters use) the routine you have come up with is not 100 metre specific.
sprinters get their look from sprints (10-200 metre) explosive lifts (snatch, power clean, clean & press, hang clean, push press), strength training with bench press, shoulder press, squats and deads......and steroids alot of the time.

They have very powerfull physiques because they are very powerfull athletes.....work on getting stronger with low reps on basic lifts, try and do some light cleans (big part of the sprinter training is explosive work) do lots of short, sharp sprints.
You can't mistake bodybuilding as a way to look like a real athlete....football players, rugby players, boxers, sprinters all train differently because they need to work on fitness components and not just want to look good....

Good luck:)

Well the cleans, squats, deads, and pushpress stuff is out man. There is no way that I will risk fucking up my back again just to train/look a certain way. I guess Ill just have to lift and diet to look the way I want. Now when you say shorter distance sprints what do you mean? Like how far? Help me out here Welsh, what do you think my training split should look like?

Welsh-what I meant was what type of sprinting/running routine or split do you think would be good? Could you help me with some ideas. Also, since I am limited on explosive moves with weights is my routine alright or what should I change? ANy info would be appreciated. Oh yea, and I am not just doing the running for "the sprinter look" I am also doing it to get myself into shape for a physical fitness test for a job that I want. So I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.

I am a D-1 football player my stats are 5-9 187 at 7%bf. I have a sprinter build and I got it from training for football. Our workout revolves around sprints and basic exercises. You should concentrate more on shorter sprints than add longer ones. Here is a running workout we have.

Plyometrics
4 x 30yds uphill
4 x 30 yds
4 x 20 yds
2 x 10 yds

100's, start with 6 and move up 1-2 sprints a week. To do these you sprint down and try to make it in under 14 sec (for skill positions) and as soon as you are done u jog back in under 60 sec. when you get to the start you immediately go again. This running routine will definitely get your legs pumped as hell

As for lifting we do Chest Shoulder Tri's heavy on Mon light on Thurs. Legs back bis hevay on Tues light on Fri.

Heres the basics
Mon/Thurs
Bench
DB Incline
DB Military
Lateral Raises
Upright row
Shrugs
2 tricep exercises

Tues/Fri
Squat
Good Mornings or Stiff Leg deadlifts
Lat Pulldown
Cable Rows
2 Bicep exercises
Calves

This is a solid routine and I have improved each year while using it.

Not a bad routine bro thanks for the post. I will try that if I can find a football field that is marked off around here. All I have right now is a track that is marked off like an Olympic Style track. So how many times per week do you do this running routine???

Also, do you do the plyo runs the same day as the 100's??? Thanks again bro.

What's up Solid. I also play college football, but I used to run track also. So I like the muscular athletic sprinter look too. As for sprints, start out with 110's like IJ said. But keep them at about 75-80% speed. When you can do 16 100's under 14 secs. with 1 min break, move on to 40's. The 100's are for your form, stride and conditioning. Try doing your 40's about 95% but try to increase the quality of that 95% every session. If you want the best quality out of each sprint, take full recovery between reps. Do 10 40's and then do 10 20's full speed to work on accelaration.
As I said before, at this point, just try to improve the qualtiy and form of your sprints. You will get faster, and it will help give you that limber sprinter look.
If you are looking to do some explosive lifting that may be easier on you back try dumbell snatches rather that barbell work. Also, try lunges and speed box squats or try unilateral leg work. These exercies will loosen up you hips and build exposiveness. For upper body try db push press, speed bench press, and depth push ups. Try add plyos like box jumps or db squat jumps. Try to keep the reps low. Do sufficient ab work too. Be intense but be smart and work up at your own pace.
Stretch well and watch your diet. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom