Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Routine for the "Sprinter Style Body"

• Thread starter Thread starter solidj55
  • Start date Start date
Thanks Mr? and IJ26 for the responses. I like the ideas both of you guys put out there for me. My question is how often would you suggest that I run? I too used to play football so I trained for explosive strength. Then when my football days where over I go into powerlifting. So I seem to have really dense muscle from all the explosive lifts as well as all the powerlifting. Now I train between a cross of a powerlifter and a bodybuilder. I train my upper body like I would if I were powerlifting doing things like heavy benches, heavy rows, and heavy tricep work. I train like a bodybuilder doing isolation exercises for shoulders and biceps etc. I am trying to get back into explosive movements as well but that will come in time. I am strong for a guy of my size and gaining as we speak. Within the next month or two I should be back as strong as I was before my injury if not stronger. The only reason I want to do the sprinting is because it will increase my metabolism and help me burn this layer of fat off my body. I really appreciate all of your responses.

Solid, I think heavy inclines, rows, and benches, etc. are great. Just try to incorporate what I said into it. I didn't mean to say to exclude the powerlifiting aspect. Explosive lifts involve a triple extension of the ankle, knee, and hip along with other muscle groups so you will be working a larger number of muscles at once making you bigger as well. They also involve the largest number of neurological muscle recruitment.
I think running every other day should be fine. Do Mon, Wed, Fri, with weekends off. Try having and intense sprint workout on monday, following by a moderate to light one on wednesday, and then another intense one on firday to allow yourself to recover. On wednesday, simply cut back on the reps or shorten the distancen to make it easier. With the heavy lifting a sprinting, it will be tough after a while, so try limit your isolation movements and focus of the benches, rows, and dips. Use isolation movements to help maintain muscle size and muscle conditioning. But listen to your body. If you feel good push yourself, if you feel drained then back off a little. Of course, if you seem to be handling the workload fine then plan accordingly. Good luck.
By the way, what are your stats: ht, wt, 40 time, and maxes.

My stats are: 5'5" tall, 180lbs, 10%BF, Max Bench last time I checked was 365 but that was when I only weighed 165lbs. My max incline last time I checked was 300, my squat max before I got hurt was 475. Those are about the only things that I maxed out on besides deadlifts and its been so I long since I maxed on those I wouldnt even know. My 40 time, I have no idea because I havent tried it. My 100m time last time I checked it about 6 weeks ago was 13.5 but I weighed 195 at the time and it was my only my second time sprinting since I dont know when. Right now I can run 8x100m in about 14sec each jogging inbetween for about 1 minute.

In my workout I run plyos sprints and the 100's on mon and thurs and on tues/ fri I run the agilities and sprints. I use Wed as a light cardio day and stretch so I can aid recovery. If running 4 times a week is to much I would suggest maybe running the sprints and 100's on Mon and Fri (as long as they arent leg days) and run sprint/agilities on wed. With this maybe on Tues/Thurs u can do light cardio for about 30-40 minutes. The amount u run will depend on how your body feels. If u are tight and sore maybe only run hard 3 times a week but as u get into better shape u can up the intensity and than go to 4 days of running per week. also to aid recovery I usually take a high gi carb and protein shake after I run the sprints and have had great results. After running your body will suck up the carbs so if u feel like u have to break your diet this would be the time to do it bc it wouldnt really affect u that much

^
Bump

Very interested in hearing more routines related to sprinting. Anything on building explosive strength and speed.

Pject

Top Bottom