Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

Originally posted by bunny
This is your way to track, log, benefit, motivate, support, share and WHATEVER you want to use it for ...

Even though you might not see it as often as you should, your log inspires others ... so not only are YOU growing, you're helping others along their way too!

Absolutely!!!! I think that little story was VERY interesting and if you need to get something off your chest or make a simple observation - spit it out!! Let it fly!

You know, that's so sad about Nicki, I thought she was the "together" one. Paris on the other hand is looking to be a little too far gone to save from a tragic something or other in the future. I'm so happy her TV "pal" (Nicole) got away from her before it happens. Anyway...that's just my take....

Your accident.....was something you couldn't know was going to happen and many of us have been so lucky!!!

I remember when I had my VERY FIRST period. 10 years old....started IN SCHOOL - just used a bunch of tissue in my pants until the end of the day. When the school bus dropped me off at home at the end of the day, I felt a wet sensation on the back of my pants. I had been sitting with my knees up on the back of the seat in front of me chatting with the other kids. Yah, just a little leak. Thankfully, I had brand new DARK blue jeans on at the time, so it looked like water. Oh, I was soooo embarassed. No one said anything to me though, so I think I got away with it - 25 years later and I remember it as if it were yesterday!!!!!

Hope my little story got a chuckle out of you! :)

I edited my original post because I was embarrassed by what I was saying - all the other girls on EF seem so much more together than me and keep this board solely for serious training/diet issues. But this is my log; and my success at my fitness goals is so closely related to my hormones/emotions/personal experiences. I love EF and the ladies on it. I'm definitely going to keep logging and getting things off my chest I guess if people don't like to read it, they can unsubscribe this thread!

I think "seem" is the key word mermaid. I know I don't divulge a whole lot of personal stuff in my log just because I'm still new. If people knew what I really thought about my day-to-day life they'd probably be shocked... ;) I just don't always say what I think or feel, at least on here. Personally, I'm a very open person and have no qualms about telling it like it is.

Just remember it's your log - you can say what you like. If you need to let loose - go for it! We're all behind you.

And I also feel for you regarding your "accident." That happened to me my senior year of high school in white shorts. Not only did it go through the shorts, it overflowed the chair onto the floor. YUCK!!! I couldn't show my face for the longest time. But, everyone soon forgot about it. I'm sure just about everyone on here has experienced that at one time or another. Good for you for handling it the way you did!

All you ladies are the BEST!! It' still amazing to me that you can have connections with people that you've never even seen before, be literally on the other side of the world, yet feel like they're your friends.

Last night I managed to eat more egg whites before bed but that didn't raise my macros much. Totals for yesterday:

~1100 cals P:39 C:19 F:42 Fiber:8g (oh dear)

Still don't know about the gym today. My doctor had advised me against it for 7-10 days (I know, silly Mermaid). I think he's right unfortunately so I'll have to start with walking today, like I did last week.

mermaid said:
Still don't know about the gym today. My doctor had advised me against it for 7-10 days (I know, silly Mermaid). I think he's right unfortunately so I'll have to start with walking today, like I did last week.

Walking sounds like a nice start, Mermaid. Definitely take the necessary rest you need to recover fully - it's not worth the risk otherwise.

As for your log, I've posted it before, but I really enjoy reading it. You're honest with your emotions and that's hard to do in a public forum. On the up side, it's good to be true to one self and reviewing this log later, you'll know exactly how your feelings correlated to your eating patterns.

I have plenty of evil and nasty thoughts all day long as well, and many days are a struggle where I have to decide whether I want to eat clean or have fun (translates to bars and drinking, especially since I'm single)...so we all go through it. Sometimes I make wise decisions and other times I don't :p, but it's all part of the learning process.

Sunday 27 November

Walked for 30 mins, steady state.

Then this is what I ate during the day:

3 homemade oatmeal pancakes w/ drizzle maple syrup
1 Subway Lo Carb turkey wrap, no cheese/dressing
4oz roast chicken, 1/2 cup green peas, 1 tbsp cranberry sauce

It was very hot today so I tried on a pair of shorts I've not worn in a year AND COULD NOT EVEN DO THEM UP. So what did I do?

2 SCOOPS BASKIN ROBBINS WORLD CLASS CHOCOLATE

Oh, yes, feel much better now :rolleyes:

Then felt guilty and just had:

4oz steak for dinner

Still, the macros were:

~1900 cals P:30 C:34 F:36 Fiber:14g

Monday November 28

Happy Monday everyone.

Back to work with a vengeance - I could barely drag myself out of bed this morning.

7.30am
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 slices Performax bread
1 tbsp almond butter
500ml water, forgot supps

Walked the factory all morning, investigating why the bloody place can't produce enough, so technically missed a meal.

3 cups of strong coffee w/ milk

1.00pm (Feeling very sick)
3/4 cup bran cereal
1/4 cup milk

2.30pm
1 WW tortilla
1/2 cup chicken breast
1/4 cup spinach
2 tbsp hummus
1 liter water

5.30pm
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp almond butter
1 liter water
multi, flax, zinc, levorex, sesamax

Planning on having at:

7.30pm
4oz pork tenderloin
1 cup asparagus
500ml water

1220 cals P:39 C:31 F:30 Fiber:25g

Tomorrow is going to suck. Have BOTH bosses up for the day including a business meal tomorrow night. Classic; business in trouble so let's take management out to the best restaurant in the area to work out how we can save cash. Going to be so tempting to dose myself with vodka to drown out the bullsh!t. Will most probably break my "alcohol free" run.

It's has been/will be a tough couple of days with work. I have not overeaten though, quite the opposite and obviously no gym.

Now that I seem to have recovered from surgery, I will be back on the program on Thursday.

mermaid said:
- all the other girls on EF seem so much more together than me and keep this board solely for serious training/diet issues. But this is my log; and my success at my fitness goals is so closely related to my hormones/emotions/personal experiences. I love EF and the ladies on it. I'm definitely going to keep logging and getting things off my chest :) I guess if people don't like to read it, they can unsubscribe this thread!

This post is late but I got utterly bashed from work (and will be incommunicado until Friday) ... but your comment made me think of something ... first of all, you need to remember we ALL have our issues no matter how small or how large, male or female. There isn't a supermodel on earth who can't pick her facial features apart with a magnifying glass.

Ever listen to Billy Joel's song The Stranger?

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and
Show ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger
But we love to try them on ...

These logs force you to stop being "a stranger" and show everyone what's going on for real. And for it to be successful everyone needs to operate within their comfort zone. It's all a personal journey, and you're doing so beautifully :)!

mermaid said:
I edited my original post because I was embarrassed by what I was saying - all the other girls on EF seem so much more together than me and keep this board solely for serious training/diet issues. But this is my log; and my success at my fitness goals is so closely related to my hormones/emotions/personal experiences. I love EF and the ladies on it. I'm definitely going to keep logging and getting things off my chest :) I guess if people don't like to read it, they can unsubscribe this thread!

That's what your log is for. This site, information and the people I have met have changed my life. I love this board & I love the ladies. They are inspiring. This is your log. If you need to vent, then vent. I came back to the Women's Forum (I hang out A LOT in another forum on this board) because I need the additional support (watch out for Miss24k's whip :velvett: ), information, etc. I'm more successful & focused when I'm logging. I also needed to get it back together and control of not only my physical goals but other issues going on.

Good Luck with your goals. :rose:

Top Bottom