Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HGH advice

brandman

I am seeking advice about my diet and what gear to use. I am gathering as many opinions as possible. My ultimate goal is to get lean and cut, add a little mass, and figure out what is best to use. I am new at this so please excuse my lack of workout knowledge and terms. Here is my story:

I'll give you as much info as possible. I am 5'9 211 lbs. I was at 240 lbs. I dont know my bf %. I am 27 yrs old. My daily routine is as follows; wake up at 6 AM and do my elyptical from 25 min. to 30 min. After cardio I make an Amp 60 Protein shake mixed with skim milk. I eat a banana along with taking a Megaman "Sport" Vitapak. I also take a vitamin C & a fiber chewable. I also make oatmeal, or have 3 egg whites for breakfast. I try to mix it up a little bit. I drink a bottle of water after that and good amounts throughout the day. I always pack snacks for work. They consist of 100 calorie almond packs, apples, or banana's that I eat throughout the day. For lunch I eat 1/3 lb of deli turkey along with a fruit bowl of berries (blackberries, rasberries, blueberries, and strawberries. I sometimes switch turkey with tuna. I eat more snacks between lunch and dinner, and sometimes get a 1/2 lb of deli turkey instead of 1/3 and I snack on that too. For dinner, I sometimes just make another Protein shake, or I have chicken breast with vegetables on the side. I try to eat some warm meals with greens. After eating I do 1/2 hr of elyptical again.

I recently have started weight lifting. I have a new bench with olympic bar and weights. I also have a home gym (pullys w/ weights). I also have dumbells.

Monday: Back & bicepts; Lat pulldowns-front & back. I use dumbells for the one arm pull up with on knee down. Not sure what that is called. I do preacher curls with the machine and with dumbells. I do one arm sitting curls with the dumbells. I use the machine for standing curls and the olympic bar with weights also. I also do alternating standing arm curls. I do three sets of each. I dont use heavy weights yet...just starting out. I do what I can, as much as I can.

Tuesday: Chest & tri's; Bench press & inclines, machine chest press, dumbell press & fly's, machine (not sure what they are called) push arms together for chest with weights. machine shoulder/chest press. 3 sets of each. Tricep rope pulldown, single dumbell over behind head tricep press, another dumbell tricep workout I cant explain. I also do dips.

Wednesday: Shoulders; Shrugs, olympic bar press front and back, machine press, dumbells strait out in front of me & out to the sides, reverse dumbell fly's, machine rope pull outs, machine pull up to chin, dumbell shoulder press, small iron plate extentions in front of me.

I have only been lifting three days a week so far, but I plan to increase that very soon. The soreness is starting to go away now and I want to increase my workload. I sometimes do my 2nd round of cardio after lifting to really work up a sweat.

This is my daily routine. I hope this helps a little bit in understanding my workout plan. The ephadrine and caffeine supplements really messes me up. I get the shakes, headache's, and stomach ache's from it. Thats why I feel the need for hgh or other performance inhancers to help me out. I have a flabby stomach still, and love handles. It drives me freaking nuts. My legs are now tone from the elyptical. I wouldnt mind gaining some mass but I want to be cut in the midsection, including back shoulders, and arms. My metabolism is naturally slow and now I am suffering from lack of energy due to my low carb diet.

Thanks for taking your time to read this!

You are nowhere near ready for gear bro.

Your diet is very low in protein, high in carbs and your training is off.

Try this

protein shake in the morning

30min later

4-6egg whites
1/2c oats

Then for the next 3-4 meals chicken, tuna or lean beef, 1/2c of rice or 1 sweet potato and some veggies.

I would split your workout up like this:

day 1-legs

day 2-chest

day 3-off

day 4-back/bi

day 5-off

day 6-shoulder/tri

day 7-off

If your primary goal right now is a little mass and fat loss, ditch the slow boring cardio, you need to jack up the intensity with HIIT/tabatta or CF style workouts.

Since its all pretty new to you, stick with 3 days a week. Pick one main compound strength lift (deadlift, squat, bench press, overhead press, power clean). Combine that with a single additional exercise and after warming up just do 3 sets of each. So lets say you do bench and pull ups, or squats and rows, deadlifts and dips.

After that do a high intensity HIIT/tabatta or CF style workout for 5-15 minutes.

If your new to training that limited strength work will help with strength (vary rep range from week to week) and the cf style workouts will burn fat like crazy.

Some examples....

set clock for 10 minutes:

5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats (no weight)

repeat as many times as you can in the 10 minutes, you can use all sorts of bodyweight or barbell/dumbell exercises together, you want to use a weight light enough so you dont suffer muscle fatigue, you want to feel a burn and just keep pushing through.

some more examples....

5 power cleans
10 burpees

60 rope jumps
20 situps
10 pushups

You could also do "ladders" where you start and do 10 reps of each exercise, when done repeat them for 9 reps, repeat for 8 reps etc all the way down to 1 rep each. Race the clock and keep track of how long it takes.

As for your diet, ditch the "white stuff". No processed foods, no rice, potatoes, bread or pasta. Eat only Fresh meats, veggies, fruits and nuts.

Last edited:
Ditto on Zygs advice....only thing is Id caution power cleans if you do not know how to do them properly and not to do them too rushed in which form will suffer or the load on the bar is too light, or bar speed is not fast due to fatigue....Id keep olympic lifts for folks who have been doing them for a long while and know the form, and Id keep them out front in the wworkout after a dynamic warm up, hit it moderate to hard and heavy with focus on form and bar speed...then jump into the circuits...

Zyg you seem to be one of the few folks on here who gets it about ditching the steady state cardio, as well cutting out carbs other than veggies and a little fruit...

Ditto on Zygs advice....only thing is Id caution power cleans if you do not know how to do them properly and not to do them too rushed in which form will suffer or the load on the bar is too light, or bar speed is not fast due to fatigue....Id keep olympic lifts for folks who have been doing them for a long while and know the form, and Id keep them out front in the wworkout after a dynamic warm up, hit it moderate to hard and heavy with focus on form and bar speed...then jump into the circuits...

Zyg you seem to be one of the few folks on here who gets it about ditching the steady state cardio, as well cutting out carbs other than veggies and a little fruit...

Thats probably a good point for someone new to lifting. Light power cleans in a metabolic conditioning workout are fine, you can butcher them pretty bad without hurting yourself but if going for heavy triples, doubles and singles its not a bad idea to have someone with some experience keep an eye on you. Not nearly as dangerous as heavy full cleans but they can sneak up on ya pretty fast.

Kind of a funny article on another website, read Craig Wellers part which is first. This is the kind of thing I caution against, whether its burpees, cleans, box jumps, etc....Ive been to many CF boxes and workouts by nature of some other work I do, and there has been alot of ugly workouts Ive witnessed...but I have friends who swear at their "box" the coaches have a clue, do more practical programming, and take a lot of time teaching form and not just tossing folks into blender workouts without having a few weeks foundation of knowing how to do the movements...just take into consideration most CF coaches need only pay $1500 and do a 3 day course of enduring some CF workouts, then they get the title "coach"....a typical D-I strength coach normally was a former college athlete themself with years of experience doing the lifts under "real" coaches, with a 4 year degree in exercise science, internships/assistanships in weight rooms, a 2 years masters degree in the field, more internships an grad assistantship positions learning the craft, and then certifications that take 6 months of study and extensive testing (athough many of them now are getting easier so they can make money and entertain the personal trainer crowd)....the CF style workouts if done with the right coach or modified with the right filter, have a zillion times more potential than BB workouts for most of the population, unless your thing is to be a BB or PL, then train like a BB or PL...but for most people wanting to get muscle and be "cut", I agree CF style workouts will help better, but just be cautious whom your coach is, or jumping into workouts you take off the website without knowing what you are doing...

T NATION | Pushing the Limits: A Pain Roundtable

Kind of a funny article on another website, read Craig Wellers part which is first. This is the kind of thing I caution against, whether its burpees, cleans, box jumps, etc....Ive been to many CF boxes and workouts by nature of some other work I do, and there has been alot of ugly workouts Ive witnessed...but I have friends who swear at their "box" the coaches have a clue, do more practical programming, and take a lot of time teaching form and not just tossing folks into blender workouts without having a few weeks foundation of knowing how to do the movements...just take into consideration most CF coaches need only pay $1500 and do a 3 day course of enduring some CF workouts, then they get the title "coach"....a typical D-I strength coach normally was a former college athlete themself with years of experience doing the lifts under "real" coaches, with a 4 year degree in exercise science, internships/assistanships in weight rooms, a 2 years masters degree in the field, more internships an grad assistantship positions learning the craft, and then certifications that take 6 months of study and extensive testing (athough many of them now are getting easier so they can make money and entertain the personal trainer crowd)....the CF style workouts if done with the right coach or modified with the right filter, have a zillion times more potential than BB workouts for most of the population, unless your thing is to be a BB or PL, then train like a BB or PL...but for most people wanting to get muscle and be "cut", I agree CF style workouts will help better, but just be cautious whom your coach is, or jumping into workouts you take off the website without knowing what you are doing...

T NATION | Pushing the Limits: A Pain Roundtable

Any any moron can buy a gym membership and go do deadlifts, squats, presses and what have you. I would also say most people dont know how to run properly either.

This isnt about crossfit boxes or crossfit coaches, its about the workout. The varied intensity involved with those types of workouts burns fat like crazy. As with ANY exercise program if done poorly you can hurt yourself. Your probably a LOT less likely to hurt yourself doing pullups, air squats and situps on your own than you are going to the gym and slinging weights on your own.

A good coach be it weightlifting, powerlifting, D1, high school or what have you is worth their weight in gold but certifications and to a lesser degree actual internships mean jack shit. I know plenty of professionals in many different fields with college degrees and years of practical experience who in my opinion, have no business doing what they do.

The op stated......

My ultimate goal is to get lean and cut, add a little mass
and I gave a very brief rundown on how to get there.

Any any moron can buy a gym membership and go do deadlifts, squats, presses and what have you. I would also say most people dont know how to run properly either.

This isnt about crossfit boxes or crossfit coaches, its about the workout. The varied intensity involved with those types of workouts burns fat like crazy. As with ANY exercise program if done poorly you can hurt yourself. Your probably a LOT less likely to hurt yourself doing pullups, air squats and situps on your own than you are going to the gym and slinging weights on your own.

A good coach be it weightlifting, powerlifting, D1, high school or what have you is worth their weight in gold but certifications and to a lesser degree actual internships mean jack shit. I know plenty of professionals in many different fields with college degrees and years of practical experience who in my opinion, have no business doing what they do.

The op stated......

and I gave a very brief rundown on how to get there.

I have zero debate with everything you said :-) Certain internships or time being mentored by the right coaches, can mean a lot...and yes often strength coaches will be the first to admit that their professors had zilch practical experience or know how for practical application of the information being taught, but there is still learning going on...and the internships or GAs under the right coaches, or personal experience as an athlete under the right coach, is priceless...there are some programs these days at selected colleges with kick ass strength and conditioning academic tracks where they are more in the know...

Anways main thing I agree with ya on the kinds of workouts to do

Top Bottom