Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any MMA guys and/or Olympic Lifters?

In my early 20s I was 5'10 and 240ish, super athletic and coming off a Division One football and competitive powerlifting career. The first few months of judo, JKD, and bjj I got smashed by everyone hah...I tried so hard to use strength and power and was so tense, I would gas out and get caught in submissions left and right. As I calmed down and got inocculated to the figthing I could hang pretty well standing up throwing blows or doing take downs on guys, but yea putting in your thousands of hours to hone technique, strategy, polish motor skills, reading other folks body language and being trained enough to respond intuitively on thet fly...all beautiful stuff...thats why its so fun for me, there is always something to strive, to train, and to work out, and for sure for the majority of us plenty of guys half our sizes who could beat our asses and pummel us hah...so it keeps motivation high to train!!

You can combine lifting, conditioning, and MMA....but its totally different animal than bodybuilding or powerlifting (which are two different animals themselves too!). Nutrition, recovery, knowing how to balance the gym and the mat time, stuff becomes more important especially (at least for me!) as I age. Even on HRT, I cannot train as hard, long, and often as I did in my 20s. Even on blasts like now I cant, because shit still hurts when you train alot and train hard! Even if juice is helping your muscles recover your body still takes a beating.

I love it though...I know no other lifestyle :-)

i train mma on and off, but have been for years. I lift but keep it short. when i train I do one day strength and conditioning and one day fight training. I feel that not overdoing it keeps me strong and injury free as well as pumped instead of burnt out. I work a very physical job 2 though. Im not super strong at lifting and own a bunch of my friends that can bench 400 when training mma. Its weird because i feel that lifting helps me so id think that their superior lifting strength would help them that much more but just doesnt seem to be the case. I dont even feel like they are stronger.

There's a big difference between grappling strength and pure weight lifting strength. I have good strength to lift a weight and have wrestled for a long time and always has transferred over well vs someone not having done it can be strong but feel weak when going at it. Personally have stopped lifting hard because am at limit for weight lifting strength to transfer to my grappling and no need for more muscle.

Eq can boost appetite in some, others don't. I think will be okay.

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

Ground based force production is important in most collisions sports. SO bench doesnt mean jack...other than maybe you have good shoulder stability. Those who have better verticals, broad jumps, heavier cleans, snatches, deadlifts, and squats, those lifts will have more carryover IF you can use that strength in whatever sport endeavor you are engagin in as someone said in the thread.

Maybe EQ would be good for my needs if it ended up giving me boost in grubbing haha...Im already too damn big! I like the little dose of Tren I added to my blast, cut my appetite big time!

Maybe the spring blast will still be just a teeny bit of Tren, with lots of Mast and Primo...and maybe I will throw in tbol for the oral next time around and see how that treats me. I might be up to experiment with halotestin but lots of reading says its harsh, plus I seems harder to come by and more expensive from certain sources to be running it at decent dose.

I wouldn't bother with halo for ur needs but could try some. Stuff is sweet tho for drive and aggression. I like your idea for next blast should be more than enough... to say the least. If don't wanna be so big stop running so much gear and sure will get smaller haha

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

hahah

Well even on my regular HRT doses, Im 235-245 depending on eating. If I eat carbs I stay heavier, so for many health reasons as well scale, I try to avoid too many carbs. When I was young I didnt react this way to food, I ate 5-6k calories a day just to stay where I was, granted I was burning more calories. But I still train like a freak lifting, conditioning, and MMA and Im sure I burn a lot of calories. But harder to get lighter now! Damn metabolism. But yea I was 235 pounds at 16 as a fullback in high school, so Im still close to my fighting weight. Believe it or not even on blasts I do not put on tons of weight, but my blasts have only been primo, mast, or var or 200mg Deca for joints. Ive never really ran high doses or gotten too bold, this current blast by far is the most juice Ive ever ran. I havent been on a scale in 3 weeks so not sure if Ive put on a lot of lbs of bodyweight, but hopefully Im close to scale weight and just burning up some bodyfat.

So yea....Im not gonna drop HRT because Ill feel like money a$$ hah, but even on 200mg week Test putting me in mid range of normal levels, and low dose GH, Im a big guy. Although besides trying all this new juice on this blast, my GH got bumped up to 15mg week. Only been 3 or 4 weeks, but maybe in a few months Ill see some nice results from that. Cruise on my HRT until Jan or Fed then hit Tren light for 6-8 weeks and Mast+Primo hard for 8-10 weeks.

Confession guys, I was a competitive athlete and lifter my entire life and didnt juice. Now Im an old guy who still loves trianing like an athlete and learnin different MMA stuff, and now since I started HRT I slowly got over the guilt trip of juicing and its not like a need to be bigger or try to do anything special, its just like fun experiments to try this stuff hah...is that awful? haha

MMA and muay thai here... I like to stick with different combinations of Test, Primo, Anavar and T-Bol. I would definitely advise against Tren. It will kill your cardio and the sleep issues won't help either. Personally, I wouldn't do high doses of anything, unless you really want to add mass (which generally, isn't going to help you in MMA).

Careful with the Anavar, as it can cause pumps that might make doing things for a long time difficult. Also, some people report that Anavar makes them lethargic. I like Anavar in reasonable doses (30-60mg/day) for the strength and lean mass.

Masteron is fine. Although, if you're doing Primo at the same time you might want to watch for prostate and hairloss issues.

Haven't tried EQ, but I'm thinking that it might add too much mass for an MMA fighter.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Pro here. Lift three days a week, train 5 days a week. The right lifting and stacks will go a long way in helping your athletic performance in mma. I do alot of explosive compound lifts, though i mix it up with some high volume here and there for muscle endurance and to shock the body.. But with 3 five minute rounds or 3 three min rounds as an ammy its all about explosive power. Dont want to cycle for alot of mass for sure. Alot of new mass and water retention makes for the most miserable weight cuts when its go time. And yes killer pumps in the gym is great but insane blood flow to the muscles in the cage is gonna make those shoudlers heavy (hands drop and find yourself punched in the face alot) and legs heavy (find your movement impaired and its hard to get those hips back and you get taken down again and again).

Top Bottom