Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

21 yo - bulking before jaw surgery

dh92

Hi, guys.

I need to undergo orthognathic surgery in about 5 months' time. My lower jaw is being advanced to fix my underbite.

I have been training steadily since November 2011 and have increased my weight from 50 kilos to 65 kilos.

Height: 1,73m
Body fat percentage: 8%
Training schedule: 5 days a week, usually 2 hours a day split up

My diet hasn't always been 100% under control. For the past couple of months, however, it's been my main focus and I can safely say that it's under control now.

I usually start off with 6 egg whites, 1 egg yolk. Then 3 to 4 additional meals: 200 grams of lean protein each, brown rice or sweet potatoes on the side, 1 slice of pineapple. Add to that, usually 2 to 3 mass building protein shakes inbetween meals.

When I have orthognatic surgery, I will have to follow a liquid diet. I have heard of people losing as much weigh as 15 kilos. I really don't want to return to my skinny kid days.

That said, I also want to think healthy, be healthy and stay healthy. Steroids at my age should be a no-no.

Because I'm scared of steroids, my personal trainer (and steroid supplier) recommended HGH - I asked him which way I could gain muscle mass safely, in small amounts (I would love to gain muscle mass, but I don't want to gain THAT much; the balloon animal look isn't for me) and not lose it. I wanted to try IGF or MGF because only certain muscle groups need additional size (chest, arms), but he said no, HGH, is the way to go.

Since then, this fear of losing weight has been bothering me a great deal. So, I adjusted my limits. I asked him for advice on 1 mass bulking cycle. His recommendation: Primobolan, Equipoise (+ maybe Test?).

I am not rushing into anything at the moment. All I want is some answers.

Will HGH/anabolic steroids have a negative effect on the outcome of orthognathic surgery? Is it too risky? HGH increases jaw size and I don't want to screw around with my jaw anymore than I have to.
Is my diet as perfect as I would want to believe it is?
Is it at all a good idea to run a mass bulking cycle as a way to gain weight before orthognathic surgery, in order to combat inevitable weight loss?
The idea of just running 1 'ol cycle and then never taking steroids again is make believe bullshit, right?
HGH versus anabolic steroids? 1 or the other?
Should I just stay away from everything instead?

I welcome all advice.

forget about juice for a few years and make the most of your ability to make more natty gains.

good luck with the surgery.

I agree... You are still young and you'll be able to make all kinds of gains without steroids... After you recover from your surgery, hit back the gym hard, eat clean and see the gains you will make...

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

No point. In pct and after when you need to eat you won't be able so you will lose pretty much everything

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

it is what it is.. in life you are going to go through 'shit' that keeps you from your training. and that's okay. I haven' been to the gym in 4 days which is the longest in years for me. it sucks.. but its okay because my body can use the break. I will be back at it soon and be stronger than ever so i'm not worried about it

dh92, we are in the exact same position. I'm getting orthognathic surgery in one month as well and my mouth will be wired shut for 4 weeks. That means a liquid diet (drinking from a straw from the corner of your mouth, behind your teeth).

I've done a lot of research into this and come to a few conclusions. The weight loss will be inevitable, but you want to mitigate the negative side effects as much as possible. While you may think that the worst effect may be muscle atrophy, muscle is what you can always get back. On the other hand, sudden weight loss in a short period of time (and subsequent rapid weight gain) often leads to stretch marks. At 21 years old, you want to avoid these if it is not absolutely necessary. Muscle you can always get back, but stretch marks you can never erase.

All the steroids will work in helping you to retain mass on a low-cal diet, but you are a bit young to play with these things, and you will still lose some weight anyways. Have you ever used Test before? What were the side effects? Did you lose hair? Did you recover properly after PCT?

This is what I suggest: I suggest that you slowly reduce your muscle and fat mass in the months before your surgery. Then start taking Ostarine every day, from 3 days before your surgery to two weeks after they remove the wires from your teeth. (7-8 weeks). Ostarine is the safest solution and doesn't require a stringent PCT.

I know that it is not necessarily what you want to hear, but it's the conclusion I came to as well. Many guys here will try to tell you that it is possible to eat the same amount of calories through a straw, but it is not realistic advice. They don't know what it is like to have your mouth wired shut. What if you want to throw up? What if you are feeling nauseous from painkillers?

Bulking up in advance may sound logical on the surface, but it doesn't consider the whole picture. You are going to lose A LOT of weight, and if you bulk up even more now, you are setting yourself up for major stretch marks that you will have to live with for life.

On a final note: I don't know why anyone would recommend you use HGH. You're 21 and your growth and bone formation hasn't even finished yet. HGH could literally change your skeletal structure in ways you may not want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom