Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aandd's Journal...

aandd

I actually keep this on an offsite blog at http://losinthatass.com/blog/ . I decided to copy portions over here that pertain to my carb cycling and work out. (I got tired of doing all that typing on my blog and no one reading it. LOL)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have avoided carb cycling like the plague for a number of reasons. It looks too hard. I really didn’t want my day to revolve around food. I’m not in pre-competition mode so it’s really overkill for me. Blah, blah, blah. But after months, literally MONTHS of not seeing my body fat percentage move anywhere, I have given and and set up a carb cycle plan. It is a NO, LO, HI carb rotation based on Twin Peak’s diet.

Since I have changed my workouts to early AM after dropping D off (see my previous post for an explanation), I have found that doing anything the day after a no-carb day sucks. Really. I have no energy. Not to mention that since I do AM cardio after a NO CARB day, I don’t eat until 9:30 am. So, basically all of this to say that my cardio totals are going to go down.

So, I have a new schedule…

Monday: No Carb, Chest and Triceps/PWO Cardio
Tuesday: Hi Carb, Cardio
Wednesday: No Carb, Legs
Thursday: Lo Carb, Shoulders/PWO Cardio
Friday: No Carb, Back and Biceps/PWO Cardio
Saturday: Hi Carb, Cardio and Abs
Sunday: Lo Carb, Off or Make-up Day

In theory, this still gives me two early AM cardio sessions and 3 PWO cardio sessions. BUT, I am completely zapped and rarely get to do the time length that I was doing prior to carb cycling.

So far my total is:

Monday: 15 minutes PWO
Tuesday: 30 minutes, 8 AM, empty tummy

Rather than just liink to my Fitday Journal, I’ll also break out my food intake by meal so that it will be easier to see what I am consuming when.

Here is today’s Fitday Journal

HIGH Carb day.
9:30 AM
5 ozs Chix Breast, 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 medium apple

12:30 PM
Tilapia Filet, 1/4 cup squash (blegh)

3:30 PM
1.5 cups Oatmeal, 1/2 medium apple, 1.5 servings Protein Shake.

7:00 PM
4 ozs. Shoulder Steak, USDA Select
1 cup Yam
1 small Tangelo
1 cup salad with vinegar for dressing

Sheesh, and I still gotta eat one more time?

9:30 PM
1 Tbsp ANPB. Good lord I could have gobbled the whole damn jar up. I really miss sweets.

Ok, totals for yesterday were:

Total: 1613
Fat: 47 425 28%
Carbs: 147 504 33%
Fiber: 21 0 0%
Protein:152 609 40%

Based on some recomendations, I'll be changing up my workout days. I'll post the new one after I figure it out.

Body fat measured today: 22.4%, 141 lbs. So far I have lost 17.4 lbs of fat and gained 10.4 lbs of lean muscle.

Go me!

NO CARB DAY - Cycle 1

6:30 AM
3 egg whites, Protein Shake with 1 scoop chocolate and 1/2 scoop vanilla (won’t be doing that again. That vanilla is ONLY good for smoothies).

8:00 AM
Gym - Leg Day
Quads: Squats, Presses, Extensions
Hams: Lunges, 1 leg curls, SLDL
Calves: Seated, Standing

10:00 AM
Protein shake, RTD
5 ozs Shoulder steak
1 cup mixed greens salad with a smidge of Balsamic Vinegar for dressing.

12:30
3 oz Chix Breast
1/3 c. Spinach
1 TBSP ANPB
(I wonder how much of this I can have a day….. yummmmmmm!)

4:00
Protein shake, RTD
(yes, i know I needed more here, but I was on the run and it was this or nothing)

5:30
Wed. night is church supper night. I am SO proud of myself for taking my meal and only eating a salad there!
3 ozs Chix breast
1/3 cup spinach
1 c. mixed salad greens

Total: 1342
Fat: 56 503 40%
Carbs: 25 62 5%
Protein: 175 700 55%

Should my fat be this high? I know it is related to the steak I had for lunch... but sheesh. I about had a coronary when I saw the totals.

I'm still feeling REALLY good. I think the hunger I feel is related to watching everyone eat Lasagna and ice cream sandwiches at church tonite. I may make some jello just to have something sweet to eat.

Last edited:
LOW CARB DAY - Cycle 1

6:30 AM
3 strips Turkey Bacon
3 Hard Boiled egg whites
1.5 c Oatmeal w/ splenda & cinnamon
1 small Tangelo

No workout today. Had an interview for a job we’ve already decided wouldn’t work for the family.

11:00 AM
Protein Shake, 1.5 scoops
1 c. mixed greens salad
1 TBSP ANPB

2:00 PM
2.5 ozs Chix Breast
1 TBSP Picante Sauce
(this was yummy too. And I don’t even LIKE picante sauce!)

6:45 PM
3.5 ozs Chix Breast
1 TBSP Picante Sauce
1 c. mixed greens salad w/ Walden Farms French Dressing
.5 c. Yams
1 small Plum

10:45 PM
ON Protein Shake, 1 scoop

Total: 1225
Fat: 29 264 23%
Carbs: 91 304 27%
Protein: 143 574 50%

Last edited:
Miss24k said:
You ate 1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal? that's like 90g of carbs!

My oatmeal box confuses me. LOL.

One serving is 1/2 c dry, which makes 1 c prepared.

I had 3/4 c dry (1 and a half servings), so 1.5 c prepared. 1 and 1/2 servings is 41 carbs, according to the Quaker box.... I think. LOL.

Damnit. Off to try to figure it out again.

aandd said:
My oatmeal box confuses me. LOL.

One serving is 1/2 c dry, which makes 1 c prepared.

I had 3/4 c dry (1 and a half servings), so 1.5 c prepared. 1 and 1/2 servings is 41 carbs, according to the Quaker box.... I think. LOL.

Damnit. Off to try to figure it out again.

lol

Oh ok, well with oatmeal you measure it when it's dry, so then 3/4C should be about 45g of carbs :)

Top Bottom