Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lateral Raises...seated or standing?

InTraining

Which way do you perform these and why?

Rep range would also be helpful...

I tend to them standing around 15 reps

Anybody do cable laterals instead or alternate with DBs?

Input appreciated!

Standing w/ a 6-10 reps range

I don't "feel" it when seated

And I don't like the cable very much

i like them standing. i do drop sets with 12 reps then 10 reps on a lighter weight. i do 4 sets. works them real nice.

I always do them standing, but half of the time I'll do front raises seated. If it's a heavy day, 4-6 reps, light 10-12

ive been doing cables for the past couple of months..the key is to pull from behind your body with them and only pull to about ear level.. i see many pullingover the top of their head which takes the tension off the side head..with the cables you feel the negative so much more similar to doing cable curls vs BB curls..

when i use dbells i do them seated since its a lot harder and keeps form stricter..you cant get as much bodyenglish when seated..

when i plateau with the cables illl go back to dbells

i prefer them standing over seated. i use dumbells, but cables are good too if you have a nice angle. you can keep tension on the full range of motion with cables.

seated keeps you from doing the "dip" that most people do at the top of the movement. it also keeps you from swinging it up if you use a bench with a back.

Mike_Rojas said:
I've been doing them on a side lateral machine. Five sets of 10 really blasts the shoulders.
where are you training now Rojas? you got leg extensions, machine side laterals....

dont say 24 hour.... :p

Top Bottom