Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lateral Raises...seated or standing?

Nate, I got a free membership to LA Fitness. I've always been a free-weight guy, but the place is full of machines so I've been experimenting with some different movements.

thats cool, i hear LA Fitnessesess are nice. ive been to one here, my roommate works out there. i go to 24 hour, but the machines, just hold my towel most of the time. LOL

wnt2bBeast said:
ive been doing cables for the past couple of months..the key is to pull from behind your body with them and only pull to about ear level.. i see many pullingover the top of their head which takes the tension off the side head..with the cables you feel the negative so much more similar to doing cable curls vs BB curls..

when i use dbells i do them seated since its a lot harder and keeps form stricter..you cant get as much bodyenglish when seated..

when i plateau with the cables illl go back to dbells

We might think alike after all. I do cable as well. I do dumbells and tubing as well. I have an exercise I saw Bill Goldberg do on WCW and I've had some success doing a front raise and dropping down the negative to the side. So I call them Goldberg Rasies :-)

But I do all three to ensure that I do not go into plateau

My rule of thumb is that any exercise you can do standing should be done standing. It helps your core strength and the often ignored sense of balance.

Believe it or not if ou don't practice it, you lose your sense of balance as you get older. Hence you are more likely to fall in the shower and break a hip.

I'm concentrating on shoulder width now. I do standing 4x8-12 and lying laterals 3x8-10

For something different to hit the front delts, I like lying on an incline bench and with an EZ curl bar or straight bar lower it down to your quads, then return back up about nose height(if that's not a runon sentence, I don't know what is lol). Keep your arms straight!

seated.

single/double - same wieght for 2 sets of 10
single/double - move up 5lbs and the same thing as above.

cwick0 said:
seated.

single/double - same wieght for 2 sets of 10
single/double - move up 5lbs and the same thing as above.

what is a single\double? never heard of that...maybe do one rep...rest for a sec..do 2..rest for a sec..and 1 again?

Just to see how the laterals felt seated I did them tonight..liked them way more....

Last edited:
InTraining said:
Which way do you perform these and why?

Rep range would also be helpful...

I tend to them standing around 15 reps

Anybody do cable laterals instead or alternate with DBs?

Input appreciated!

stANDING BECAUSE YOU CAN USE YOUR BODY TO GAIN MOMENTUM ON THE LAST FEW, UNLIKE THE SEATED VERSION

Top Bottom