Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking anti psych meds while boxing

New Jack

I've been boxing now for a couple of months. I've been sparring and hope to have my first fight in about three months.

Long story short, I'm 22, don't use ANY anabolics, suffer from Bi Polar disorder, diagnosed by my docter, and I have mood swings. Sometimes I get so depressed and lazy I have trouble training. Other times I get so manic, I lose control and go all out after my sparring parters and therefore run out of gas early. This problem isn't limited to only boxing. I flip out or I'm like catatonic.

My question is this. Will taking anti psych meds 1) help me to calm down in the ring, therefore making me more relaxed and I'll have more stamina and will make me a better fighter. or 2) Make me so passive and lethargic where I won't be able to train, spar, or fight?

or should I take them while I train but days leading up to a fight stop use (like Tyson does?)

Please I need all the help I can get.

Thanks fellas.

Bro, I gave you pretty much the only answer to this on the training board. You've gotta take it from there.

New Jack said:
I've been boxing now for a couple of months. I've been sparring and hope to have my first fight in about three months.

Bipolar disorders are not easy to deal...
I advice you not to stop taking the meds, but is easy to say...

one thing you can use that is very useful. Is to have good circadian rithms of sleep and awake hours. And food also. The best way to have a relapse is to sleep bad or not sleep. avoid it

Regularity is the Key

I did not answer you question but i hope i was helpful

I would not stop the medication. Take it from a person that has been in more fights that I care to remember, aggression alone does not make a great fighter. Ability to keep your head together, staying focused to what your doing, and the ability to ignore pain is much more important. I am not saying aggression is not important as when it is time to finish the guy but look at Roy Jones. He is at the top and yet you only see his aggressive side when the other guy has no hope. Before this he is a calm technician.

Top Bottom