Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking anti psych meds while boxing

New Jack

I've been boxing now for a couple of months. I've been sparring and hope to have my first fight in about three months.

Long story short, I'm 22, don't use ANY anabolics, suffer from Bi Polar disorder, diagnosed by my docter, and I have mood swings. Sometimes I get so depressed and lazy I have trouble training. Other times I get so manic, I lose control and go all out after my sparring parters and therefore run out of gas early. This problem isn't limited to only boxing. I flip out or I'm like catatonic.

My question is this. Will taking anti psych meds 1) help me to calm down in the ring, therefore making me more relaxed and I'll have more stamina and will make me a better fighter. or 2) Make me so passive and lethargic where I won't be able to train, spar, or fight?

or should I take them while I train but days leading up to a fight stop use (like Tyson does?)

Please I need all the help I can get.

Thanks fellas.

I'm guessing you're male, but you might want to try the women's board anyway. I know lots of posters there have experience with anti-depressants & also anti-anxiety meds, so you might get some answers there.

Good Luck.

It looked to me that Tyson was on lithium or something when he fought lennox lewis.

Honestly, this is probably the last place to ask a question like this. The only thing I have expereince with something like this was when I was prescribed klonopin for sleep. Apparently, it was a long acting drug and for the few weeks I used it, my performance in the weight room went down. I lost speed, agility, coordination, and strength.

You should be asking your doctor these questions, first and foremost. If you truly need to be medicated, then take the medication. If you are bipolar then this is nothing to mess around with.

Top Bottom