Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I confess??

bostonianboss

Ok, let me give you a little back ground before I tell you all what it is that I did....

We have a sound system for music that is piped throughout the building where I work. All of the songs are on a loop, so the same song play at the exact same time everyday like clockwork. As bad as that may seem, it get's much worse. All of these songs are1970's, elevator, re-mix Christmas music that is played in ALL Acoustic!!!! It is a NIGHTMARE!!

I have been going crazy, literally, one of the speakers is directly above my head IN my office. I swear they do this shit on purpose.

Everyone has asked to change the music up and the owner is adamant about leaving it. The system is in a closet that is locked.

So, I have been trying to figure out how I can change this music. It needs to be done, not just for me, but for "The People", My People.

FYI- The last person who messed with system (before it was behind a locked door) was terminated on the spot, so I knew I had to be careful. Dont ask me why its such a big deal, but it is.

Here is what I did-

So, while the office manager was down eating lunch on Friday, I grabbed his keys off his desk and quickly unlocked the door and placed his keys back on his desk, then briskly walked downstairs back to my office.

Last night I was ready to go, I had my plan and was going to fix this music situation once and for all.

My plan was to pull the speaker wires from the ceiling and out of the back of the receiver, run them down the inside of the wall into an RCA-to-TRS connector and run it into our main computer (server).

So I used my laptop as a monitor to our main computer and installed XM Radio, trashed the icon, unhooked everything and got the XM working, took all of a couple of hours (Thanks to my Brother who helped me).

So, I put it on a good modern station (The Pulse) and IT WORKED!!!! We hid the speaker wires Really well, so there is NO way you can see where they are going.

It was music to my ears!! (Literally). So, this morning everyone is running around talking about the music. I sat back with a small grin on my face as I watched my co-workers dance to their new found love of what once held them captive, music.

And then, as fast as the smiles came, the disappeared, the Owner walks in and instantly runs to his office and pages our Office Manager. They were in his office for 3-4 minutes, our Office Manager comes out and starts walking directly towards my office and he was PISSED!!

Now I am shitting my pants right. All of these thoughts were going through my head....Shit, not only did I just change some music, i committed a crime?? Is it considered breaking and entering?? It was a closet...could I go to jail? All of these things are speeding threw my head as he walks closer and closer to my office.

He gets to the front of my office, points his finger at me with these stone cold, ice for blood eyes and says.....Follow me. So, now I'm like, fuuuuuuuuuuck, do they have cameras in here?? Theres no way, I've been here for years, I would know. As I follow him, my stomach is getting tighter and tighter with every step. I actually started to sweat and my hands were getting all clammy.

We get to his office, he tells me to have a seat. Now, I started to think to myself, F-this, all this over music?? These guys are ridiculous!! Idiots and Im gonna tell them, then reality sets in. (what the hell did you do)? Did I just F up my career over some tunes? You make way too much money to be doing this. All these emotions were racing through my head and I just didnt have a plan or an answer.

So, he asks me if I know who did this. Of course my response is, I have NO IDEA. I said to him; Who would go through all of this trouble just to change music? I said you have to admit though, the music did suck pretty bad...it was torturous I told him.

His response was nothing short of your typical pre-programmed manager, "whether or not, it isnt anyone’s choice what is played besides the name of the person on the building and until their name is on this building then they dont have that choice. He told me to find out who it was immediately. I got up, walked out and now I am completely beside myself.

The first thought was, hey, that dumbass Mark is a total piece of shit, no one likes him...and then, reality set back in again...can't do that. So, now I am at a cross road and stuck right in the middle of this shot storm....All in all, it is pretty funny and they cant find the source of the music. (this place isnt very technically advanced), lol.

What would you do?

You clearly don't have enough work to keep yourself busy. I vote you get Mark fired and assume his job on top of yours.

:D

Keep tight lipped, but act interested to him.
DO NOT blame someone else, no matter how much you may dislike them.

Funny story though

lol ..you were complaining about this a week ago. You've finally snapped! :)

LOL, that's right I was. I did snap. Still not sure what I'm going to do...You wouldnt think something so little would be such a Huge deal... Everyone is walking around here, coming into my office telling me they know who did it and that he heard this and she said that....it's TOOOOOO FUNNY! Our office manager is such a tool. This has him so frustrated and confussed. He's been in that closet all day. LMAO.

I JUST REALIZED, shit, I could have some REAL fun with this....I can log on to XM Radio and change the station ONLINE!!....hmmmm, who is ready for some HOWARD STERN????

Im doing it! I wish i could feed in a web cam so you all could see this place....LOL!!!

Shhhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom