Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NEW SARMS S-4 LOG!!!! - For the MMA Fighter

rospina

After a few weeks of pretty intensive research I decided to order a bottle of Sarms S-4 from the forum sponsor “sarms search.” I was pleased to find several reviews/logs, as well as scientific journal articles; this was quite useful since I had never heard of the product and feared that there would be little information about it. As an amateur MMA fighter, my main goals are to increase strength, improve anaerobic (mainly) and aerobic conditioning, and improve recovery time. I am most concerned with improving performance rather than weight gain/loss, decreasing body fat, etc.

I will be taking two 50 mg doses a day on Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri. I will only take one dose on Wed, which is the only day where I only have one workout. I am 24 years old, 5’7” and weigh about 155 lbs. I cut down to 139 lbs for grappling tournaments, and 145 lbs. for MMA. I was around 9% body fat the last time I checked which was about a month or two ago.

The only supplements I will be taking aside from Sarms are whey protein, and Omega-3’s. I also eat a clean and healthy diet (~2800-3000 calories a day)

My morning (usually between 8-9 am) workouts consist of strength and conditioning:
Monday – Upper body strength/power
Tuesday – Sled/Prowler circuit
Thursday – Full body circuit
Friday – Lower body strength/power

Evening training (around 5:30-6:00 pm) consists of technique drilling and sparring. The schedule changes daily and the focus shifts between MMA and Nogi grappling.

I took my first dose this morning before my prowler/sled circuit, and it felt as if I could push harder through the workout than I normally could. I also usually feel drained by the time I have to train in the evening, but I did not have that problem today. In fact, I finished today’s training session (2 hrs long) and decided to jog 2 miles afterwards. I’m not sure if this is an acute effect from Sarms, or if it’s a placebo effect, but I normally don’t have the gas to workout for that long at that intensity. Regardless, I’m excited to see where I’ll be at within a month!!!

I will keep updating this thread 2 to 3 times a week, and will also post some numbers in regards to my strength training. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Enjoy!

Hey bro, thanks for running the log...that dose is pretty high.

I would drop it to 50mgs a day and split the dose up 25mg and 25mgs. 100mgs ed is to much IMO.

I would drop it to 50mgs a day and split the dose up 25mg and 25mgs. 100mgs ed is to much IMO.

Great point, I'd maybe throw in some Billberry, for vision.

Thanks for logging.

I will drop the dosage to a split dose like you said, thanks for the advice. I was also wondering, I only have one workout on Wed's, should I take 50 mg before the workout or still split it up into 2 separate doses?

Cory, I'm going to get some billberry as soon as I get off work today, I haven't had any visions problems yet, but why start right? Thanks again!

I feel like spitting it up may be the best since its only about a 4 hour half life if I remember correctly. I cant believe this stuff isnt wildly popular in MMA yet.

Just thought I'd give a quick update on how everything has been going thus far. First off, I def had one of the best nights during practice last night. Wed nights are serious where I train...it's headgear night! And is easily the hardest night of the week. 10 min wrestling drills, 10 minute "live" wrestling (a new opponent every 2 min) no break in between rounds, 3 x 5 kickboxing with clinch/takedowns (16 oz gloves) - 1 min break in between rounds, 3 x 5 min MMA/clinch fighting with small gloves - 1 min break in btwn rounds, 2 x 10 min grappling with strikes where each opponent is on the bottom for one 10 min round (oh yea, and 1 min break in btwn rounds).
Pretty rough, especially when the majority of the ppl i'm surrounded by are pro's of much higher caliber than myself. Let's just say it's a struggle to get through everyday. Regardless, I still got tired, I think that is unavoidable. But I did notice that I was able to push the pace much more, and I could keep pushing the pace when I felt EXHAUSTED. And I don't think any placebo effect can be that strong!!

So yesterday marked my fourth day on s4, and it has not been disappointing thus far! I have found myself pushing harder when sparring, and I feel stronger when in the clinch and on the ground (pretty much any position that involves any sort of isometric resistance). One thing I have noticed is that I am exhausted at night after my workouts, but this makes sense since I have been pushing my body past it's usual limits. I have not been experiencing any of the visual side effects, so thanks again cory and chemwiz for the advice.

I did a lower body strength workout yesterday, but it was the beginning of a new microcycle, so it was a deloading workout. None of my lifts were above 60% of my 1RM. Deadlifts will be the focus strength/power exercise for lower body workouts for the next 4 weeks (last month was front squats). The other exercises that will be performed after that will focus on auxiliary muscle groups/stabilizers for muscle balance and injury prevention. The last time I maxed out on DL's 275 lbs was my 1RM (i know i'm weak, lol, don't remind me!). Hopefully I'll surpass that number soon, because I've been stuck here for quite some time.

All in all I'm enjoying s4 so far, I can't wait till tuesday, prowler circuits are on the menu and I'm curious to see if s4 will have any effect on my HR and my power output. I will be taking today and Sun off of training (with the exception of light cardio) and s4.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

So yesterday marked my fourth day on s4, and it has not been disappointing thus far! I have found myself pushing harder when sparring, and I feel stronger when in the clinch and on the ground (pretty much any position that involves any sort of isometric resistance). One thing I have noticed is that I am exhausted at night after my workouts, but this makes sense since I have been pushing my body past it's usual limits. I have not been experiencing any of the visual side effects, so thanks again cory and chemwiz for the advice.

I did a lower body strength workout yesterday, but it was the beginning of a new microcycle, so it was a deloading workout. None of my lifts were above 60% of my 1RM. Deadlifts will be the focus strength/power exercise for lower body workouts for the next 4 weeks (last month was front squats). The other exercises that will be performed after that will focus on auxiliary muscle groups/stabilizers for muscle balance and injury prevention. The last time I maxed out on DL's 275 lbs was my 1RM (i know i'm weak, lol, don't remind me!). Hopefully I'll surpass that number soon, because I've been stuck here for quite some time.

All in all I'm enjoying s4 so far, I can't wait till tuesday, prowler circuits are on the menu and I'm curious to see if s4 will have any effect on my HR and my power output. I will be taking today and Sun off of training (with the exception of light cardio) and s4.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

great log...How long have you been training? You more of a stand up guy or a ground guy? How about Silva last night...wow, wrestling does work. haha

Yeah, sarms is seems tailor made for MMA fighters and endurance style athletes.

Top Bottom