Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best ways to cycle HGH

darius75

I've been taking Humatrope hgh (somatropin growth hormone) for about 2 months ED and I kinda feel that my body needs a break. There does not seem to be an awful lot of consensus on how hgh should be cycled so I did some research and a little blood test of my own:

In an adult hgh spurts occur only when your blood serum somatropin levels drop to ZERO:
File:Acromegaly growth hormone levels.JPEG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question is how long will it take after a single subcutaneous shot to reach near-zero concentrations? I'm taking humatrope, which has a "half life" of about 4 hours: http://pi.lilly.com/us/humatrope-pi.pdf

I'm taking 3ius of this stuff. I did a blood test when I started my cycle. Three hours after administration (sc) my gh level was up to 8.7 ng/mL. (my "baseline" the day before was 0.4 ng/mL).

So with 8.7 ng/mL as a peak value and a 4 hour average half life my blood serum hgh concentrations would still be above 0.1 ng/L after 24 hours.

This is interesting because some people would recommend taking hgh in the morning (so that your natural hgh production is unaffected at nigh). Nice concept but it will not work. A single shot of 3 i.u.s (at least in my case - my bodyweight is 80 kgs) will shut down your own production down for 24 hours. You take it every day - it will shut you down completely for as long as you take it... And since we are talking about the pituitary gland this is a kind of scary

Common sense says that this stuff needs to by cycled. ED is not a good idea! The most common advice on this I found here was 5 days on 2 days off. I'm now thinking that 4 weeks on 1 week off may be even better (give your body more time to re-adjust)

Any comments/suggestions on this? Maybe from people, who tried different cycles (including ED) - any comparisons in terms of efficiency, sides, etc?

Thanks

Darius

There are various ways. I used to do the 3 on 2 off routine at higher doses. and have done 5 on 2 off. mostly for economic reasons. but there used to be a section about the 3-2 on basskillers site.

Hmmm, I just woke up from a nap, (yes old men take naps when they stay up drinking too much) I will need to clear my head before I can reply to this with sensability.
However, I would like to say you sure take liberties with your assumptions! Shut down you production? What study did you get this information from? How are you administering the tests? Via Dr?

I've been taking Humatrope hgh (somatropin growth hormone) for about 2 months ED and I kinda feel that my body needs a break. There does not seem to be an awful lot of consensus on how hgh should be cycled so I did some research and a little blood test of my own:

In an adult hgh spurts occur only when your blood serum somatropin levels drop to ZERO:
File:Acromegaly growth hormone levels.JPEG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question is how long will it take after a single subcutaneous shot to reach near-zero concentrations? I'm taking humatrope, which has a "half life" of about 4 hours: http://pi.lilly.com/us/humatrope-pi.pdf

I'm taking 3ius of this stuff. I did a blood test when I started my cycle. Three hours after administration (sc) my gh level was up to 8.7 ng/mL. (my "baseline" the day before was 0.4 ng/mL).

So with 8.7 ng/mL as a peak value and a 4 hour average half life my blood serum hgh concentrations would still be above 0.1 ng/L after 24 hours.

This is interesting because some people would recommend taking hgh in the morning (so that your natural hgh production is unaffected at nigh). Nice concept but it will not work. A single shot of 3 i.u.s (at least in my case - my bodyweight is 80 kgs) will shut down your own production down for 24 hours. You take it every day - it will shut you down completely for as long as you take it... And since we are talking about the pituitary gland this is a kind of scary

Common sense says that this stuff needs to by cycled. ED is not a good idea! The most common advice on this I found here was 5 days on 2 days off. I'm now thinking that 4 weeks on 1 week off may be even better (give your body more time to re-adjust)

Any comments/suggestions on this? Maybe from people, who tried different cycles (including ED) - any comparisons in terms of efficiency, sides, etc?

Thanks

Darius

For me personally it worked better when I used it daily,,long term.

daily long term is the only way to go. by doing 5 on, 2 off, the only thing you are doing is simply not reaping the benefits for 2 days out of the week which equates to 8 days out of the month. So basically you are cheating yourself out of a full week every month? 2 days off arent going to benefit you. They will harm your results more than to help your body restart its own production. Plus you are just going to go back "ON" two days later. Pointless IMO

daily long term is the only way to go. by doing 5 on, 2 off, the only thing you are doing is simply not reaping the benefits for 2 days out of the week which equates to 8 days out of the month. So basically you are cheating yourself out of a full week every month? 2 days off arent going to benefit you. They will harm your results more than to help your body restart its own production. Plus you are just going to go back "ON" two days later. Pointless IMO

So what is the best time to take it if you're taking a single dose everyday? I've heard you should take it after a carbohydrate meal...any truth in this?

Also...if I want to take 4iu a day, is there an advantage in taking it in divided doses?

So what is the best time to take it if you're taking a single dose everyday? I've heard you should take it after a carbohydrate meal...any truth in this?

Also...if I want to take 4iu a day, is there an advantage in taking it in divided doses?

No you should not have anything to eat within atleast 1hr before or after a shot unless you want to become diabetic... I love people who hear things and do no research. I am not busting on you, well yes I kind of am. These are drugs put into your body that are changeing your chemestry!
I read a study that showed your body can not break down more than 3IU's per dose. No I didn't book mark the study, I read it and that was good enough for me. So taking two doses if the single dose is greater than 3 is the way to go. The question of when to take is more a case by case basis. I have read people's reasoning for taking at all times of the day and night. I would advise you to keep reading about GH and develop a schedule that you are confident will benifit you!

I gave the URLs to the studies. The graph at wikipedia shows that you do not get another burst until your hgh serum levels are near zero. I'm taking Humatrope, the other study I linked states that the effective half time for humatrope is 4 hours. I did a blood test 3 hours after administering 3ius subcutaneously (to get the peak concentration values). The rest is math calculating the decay and residual serum levels after 24 hours. With 3ius and my 80 kgms i still have some hgh in my blood that prevents my pitiuitary gland from producing its own hgh for about 24-28 hours

Blood tests: private lab

Hmmm, I just woke up from a nap, (yes old men take naps when they stay up drinking too much) I will need to clear my head before I can reply to this with sensability.
However, I would like to say you sure take liberties with your assumptions! Shut down you production? What study did you get this information from? How are you administering the tests? Via Dr?

i'm glad a thread like this came up....i've been doing some hgh research and i know others on the site would like to read this kind of stuff. hgh isn't talked about much here

Top Bottom