Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ARNOLD BOOK yay or nay

BigCbear

yeah i was doing some bench last friday at the gym and my body walks in and shoves a book in my face and says LOOK AT THE BIBLE OF BODYBUILDING!! so i take a look and i thought it looked pretty good

the book is called The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding: The Bible of Bodybuilding
its by arnold schwarzenegger

it was about 30 bucks so for those of you who have checked it out is it worth it??

yeah i was doing some bench last friday at the gym and my body walks in and shoves a book in my face and says LOOK AT THE BIBLE OF BODYBUILDING!! so i take a look and i thought it looked pretty good

the book is called The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding: The Bible of Bodybuilding
its by arnold schwarzenegger

it was about 30 bucks so for those of you who have checked it out is it worth it??

i've adopted some of his strategies and was able to take things to another level. the key is molding what he says for you specifically and not going 'by the book'

i persdonly think its more of a good read becoz arni wrote it,

however its not anything id follow

I could care less how Arnold trained. From what I've seen online it's ridiculously high volume that wouldn't work for most.

I could be wrong here, but I'm willing to bet it was actually ghost written by weider using arnie's name.

There are much better training methods available imo. It would probably be a good read though.

I could care less how Arnold trained. From what I've seen online it's ridiculously high volume that wouldn't work for most.

I could be wrong here, but I'm willing to bet it was actually ghost written by weider using arnie's name.

There are much better training methods available imo. It would probably be a good read though.

Agreed.

But I wasn't even born when Arnold was around lol I have just done research on how he supposedly trained

Back in high school I tried training using his favorite split which was day 1 chest/back, day 2 shoulders/arms, day 3 legs, repeat and then 1 rest day and then repeat.

With only 1 rest day per week and 3-4 exercises per bodypart for 3-5 sets I was seriously overtrained within a couple of weeks.

It's WAAAY too much volume if you aren't on anabolics imo. If I was working an easy ass job and taking aas I could probably handle ir provided my food intake and sleep was up to par.

Otherwise, no way in hell.

I would look into buying the book 5-3-1 or The Strongest Shall Survive.

^This. My father bought that book 15+ years ago when it was first published and I do recall the volume was ridiculously high. You'd need to be a mesomorph on gear to grow off some of those routines.

Also, yeah it was definitely one of those "as told to" style dealios you always used to see in Weider pubs where the actual writing was done by someone else, except they forgot to print the "as told to" part for this book.

i've adopted some of his strategies and was able to take things to another level. the key is molding what he says for you specifically and not going 'by the book'

How about his "supersaturation" theory. :lmao: 800g of protein a day so det the protein is always deyuh when dee muscle needs it.

I get the feeling that the pro's back then "maaaaaybe" took in 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight if they were lucky. There were no studies backing that amount of protein intake and I'm willing to bet that taking in 2 grams of protein per pound was not even a thought in the mind of most of those guys.

I remember reading Franco Columbo's book and his contest diet was like 1500 calories. Right there alone the protein intake wasn't much. Barely 100grams if I remember right.

Top Bottom