Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where can rid myself of my baseball card collection?

The Nature Boy said:
well if you want to sell them all at once on EBAY go for it. Take some pics of the good cards to prove you have them and say you're selling your whole massive (use cool adjectives) collection, which includes Bonds, Sosa, Ripken, etc. You're more likely to encounter people who will pay more on EBAy than some dude at a baseball card shop that has been in the business for a long time. Worst case scenario you can set up a minimum amount on your collection so you don't get stuck selling it to some clown for $40.

Probably gonna go this way.

Thanks bromeslice.

The Nature Boy said:
Worst case scenario you can set up a minimum amount on your collection so you don't get stuck selling it to some clown for $40.

a.k.a. a "reserve price" on Ebay

I would go to the local shop and pretend like you're going to sell to the guy there

negotiate a little to find out the most he would pay

then get out of there

set your reserve price on your auction accordingly

Bran987 said:
a.k.a. a "reserve price" on Ebay

I would go to the local shop and pretend like you're going to sell to the guy there

negotiate a little to find out the most he would pay

then get out of there

set your reserve price on your auction accordingly

This man knows of what he speaks. Just keep in mind that shop owners are facing tough times thanks to places like EBAY and other web shops, so they are going to lowball the fuck out of you. I know they do this with comic books, so they probably do the same with baseball cards.

I have one season. 1989 lol but I have about 12,000 cards with the whole league and rookies. I know one Ricky Hendereson rookie a few years later was worth about $120 dollars. I don`t have too many duplicates of him but there are others that I have 20 or 30 cards of each player.

I asked this question here and was directed to the Topps book of pricing... something like that. I want to get rid of them at some point. They`re collecting dust at mom`s house.

sawastea said:
If you stopped collecting like a decade ago, that'll put you in the 93-94 year range. Unfortunately, most cards during that era, that are not "graded," aren't worth the charmin toilet paper they were manufactured on. Unless you have some valuable rookies of certain players, or full sets, don't expect a great turn-a-round, or monetary value

Yeah, I know orb.

The majority of the value of my collection probably comes from the 80s.

I would goto a store...and if you haven't already get the book seeing how much the cards are worth...

I did this with some comic books from the 50's-60's and I was surprised how much I got rid of them for considering their condition...

Top Bottom