Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

These damn Lance Armstrong things have to go!

KillahBee

They fucking piss me off to no end for some reason. Probably because what started as a good thing has (of course) become completely convoluted by the masses and has turned into a cool, trendy thing. If you want to support some cause - awesome. Do it to your fucking self - it will feel better.

PatsFan34 said:
I wear one, and I don't think it's trendy at all, good cause is the real reason I wear it!!!

I feel what your saying though!!!

I don't doubt that most people wear it for the good cause - it's just my opinion that people should keep good causes to their fucking selves, or it becomes a selfish act. No need to advertise. It just seems wrong to me. Especially when every other person (it seems) is doing it. Does everyone care that much? Doubt it.

I see it like an empty gesture, like those 'yellow ribbon' magnets people have on their cars. Putting something on your car or wearing a bracelet on your wrist, to me, doesn't say much.

Carl Carlson said:
I see it like an empty gesture, like those 'yellow ribbon' magnets people have on their cars. Putting something on your car or wearing a bracelet on your wrist, to me, doesn't say much.

true that, bro. true that.

jerkbox said:
i wear one....my grandmother has cancer, and i have lost several others to cancer....

it's called raising awareness, asshead.

don't pull that fucking line on me, dad. we have all been touched by cancer somehow (and I will not demean those close to me who have had it by using them to back up anything I do). it's a fashion statement for many. As I said, I don't doubt that many are doing it for the right reason and to raise awareness. But, something is odd when it becomes popular and comes in different colors (how cute, the girls get pink) and shit.

Seashell said:
Wait...what are you ppl even talking about? Wear what?

There are these little $1 bracelets (I think they say "Believe" on them) that millions of people in this country wear now. They are yellow, but now they come in pink (how cute). Don't know how they started, but they are some sort of way to show you "support" for cancer and the $ probably goes to research or something. It has become a fad and it cheapens the entire idea of donating money/support to a cause. IMO.

KillahBee said:
don't pull that fucking line on me, dad. we have all been touched by cancer somehow (and I will not demean those close to me who have had it by using them to back up anything I do). it's a fashion statement for many. As I said, I don't doubt that many are doing it for the right reason and to raise awareness. But, something is odd when it becomes popular and comes in different colors (how cute, the girls get pink) and shit.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a majority of the people who wear it are wearing it as a fashion statement... either that or they're using it to boost their own self-esteem... "look at how unselfish I am, I'm wearing a yellow bracelet because I support cancer research." No shit, is there anyone out there who thinks we should stop cancer research?

Donate money or donate time. It'd probably do more good than wearing a bracelet.

Top Bottom