Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stopping TRT to "requalify"

Is this for other medical ins cover or just getting them to to pay for the TRT?

If it's for the TRT just buy what you need from an approved source like PSL, napsGear or UGFreak

So I've been on TRT for about 2 years, (about 180mg cyp/week).
Insurance changed at work, new insurance says I have to
requalify. Clinic said to do that, I have to stop TRT for 3 weeks then come and
do bloodwork. When I started, I was in 400's, but free test was low
enough so that I qualified. Now the new insurance company is saying
the free-test requirement has dropped from 10 to 7 (I'm not sure what that means, but I was a 8 when I started).
so they can't cover. Insane.
Was paying 25/week, can continue self pay, but at $75 week.
Few questions: Will stopping for 3-4 weeks cause other problems?
Can I just "bridge" with sarms or d-bol or something?
Do the online companies (like Defy) go through insurance companies as well and evebn if they don't, would I have to "qualify" with them too?
Sorry, my brain is all over the place now.
Thanks all in advance - any suggestions are much appreciated!
This seems ridiculous.

Few questions: Will stopping for 3-4 weeks cause other problems? You will be fine for that short period. You are completely shut down so your test levels will drop to almost nothing. Should have 0 issue on the "requalify" bloods. I was off after my last show for a month. My levels were 26(400-900) I felt fine. You don't want to be there for a prolonged period but a few weeks is no issue. It's gonna take at least 2 weeks just for the test to clear your body.

Can I just "bridge" with sarms or d-bol or something? I wouldn't take anything as it may mess with lipids or change other bloods and they might want you to fix that before re-prescribing.

Do the online companies (like Defy) go through insurance companies as well and evebn if they don't, would I have to "qualify" with them too? I'm not familiar with these companies my to my knowledge they are a business that wants to make money. As long as you levels aren't already high i don't think you would have an issue although i think your gonna be paying more than $100/month plus whatever bloodwork they want from you.

the bloodwork dont lie
why not just stop the test and drop your levels to requalify?

talk to your doctor about options
its silly that you have to lie and play these sort of games

Just bridging with something is not really the answer here... you will probably start to not feel great in a few weeks of being off of it... i would give it a few weeks but then it will just progressively get worse... 75 for the time being is cheap regardless until its sorted out... you always have the self options as others pointed out as well

@Radical Ice Welcome back to the EF family, havent seen you in years, how have you been?

you can stop TRT but you'll feel really horrible and down at that time.

Here is a better option, why not go on self-TRT? just get a 10ml bottle of testosterone thats 12+ weeks of TRT in 1 bottle and you dont need to bother, whats the issue with that?

Also hows your diet training? share it :)
All good, Alcatraz - thank you! Getting older, but still maintaining. I've been on TRT for a few years now and can only remember the important general rule of ending all cycles, and that's to "taper" off - never abruptly end if possible. BUT, that's what they are asking me to do. They want me to STOP the weekly injections for 2-3 weeks, then have bloods tested and hopefully show low enough ranges to requalify again, which is twisted insurance logic, for sure. So I was wondering what the ramifications of that might be, if anything.

After getting all these comments, seems like it's just gonna be an insignificant and minor setback if for only 3 weeks or so. My only hesitancy in self-TRT is that I've become comfortable with having the clinical setting to monitor and do quarterly bloodwork, even for just these small amounts.
But you definitley have me thinking about the alternatives now.

Will def post some diet and training since I'm in pretty good shape for someone in the mid-60 range. Again, your suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Top Bottom