Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scaphoid Surgery

Spitts111

I just got my right wrist done last tuesday. The doctor gave me a bone graft and a pin put into my hand. I'm just wondering if anyone has also gotten this done and how long it took for the bones to fuse.

I've heard that even though the bone has completely healed that some people have problems doing pushing exercises like bench press, dumbbell press, shoulder press, etc.
Can anybody tell me if they know any ways to help my wrists not feel alot of strain when i get back into the gym? tape, wrist gaurds?

thanks

Everyone heals in a different way, some better and shorter, some longer and not fully. I would be impressed if you could use your hand in a griping fashion on the bench in anything less than 6-8 months. Even if you do get the strength back some it will take even longer if ever to heal to the strength you had previously. But don't let that get you down, it will heal and in the mean time use other machine exercises that don't put as much stress on your digits and SLOWLY work the bench back in after time has passed enough to heal the bones. The muscles and tendons may take longer to readjust to the hands new configuration inside, but don't get frustrated because this is not an overnight type of thing, it's more long term.

ya your right about that healing stuff. Damn 6-8 months!? I just turned 17 in May so I'm still pretty young, hopefully them bones heal fast since I'm still growing. I just got my stiches out and was finally allowed to hit the gym to work my lower body. But since then I've lost about 7 pounds since my appetite is alot lower, is there anything I can do to stop losing weight but with out getting fat? Maybe something to add to my diet?

thanks

you need to give me more background info about yourself and your body and your training experience for us to help you better.

Top Bottom