Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie here with ECA questions

jja

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, so be nice :) I've been lurking for a few days, and I really like this board. So here's my question:

I just started taking a Hydroxycut knockoff, and I was wondering about the most effective dosage for a 150 pound woman. Here's what the label's recommended daily dosage contains:

2000 mg Garcinia Cambogia
334mg MaHuang (about 20mg ephedra)
910mg Guarana (about 200mg caffeine)
100mg L-carnitine
150mg White Willow Bark
300mcg Chromium Picolinate

The label recommends taking 1/2 of this before breakfast, and 1/2 before working out.

I've been very careful so far because I was worried about the side effects, but I haven't had any. Now I'm worried I am taking too little. I've been reading the boards, and it seems like some people are taking around 75mg of Ephedra daily. Do any of you have any recommendations? I really want to lose fat and gain muscle. I'm working out hard in addition to this.

Oh, you missed a bunch of posts similar to this, not too far back. Basically, the gist of them was that everyone has their favorite stack, and everyone seems to tolerate different levels of the "recommended dosage" on the labels (or mixes up their own ECA stack).

My personal favorite is Xenadrine, and I start with 1 in the morning and 1 around noon, then go up to 2 in the morning and 2 at noon after a week or so. Every 12 weeks or thereabouts, I quit taking it for approx 4 weeks, then start back up again.

Fennec

No, I read those posts (I think), but I did't know how much ephedra was in a pill of each supplement. I just looked at the ingredients for Xenadrine, and you're actually taking twice as much as me in about 1/2 the pills.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna start taking a little more. Slowly of course :)

Ya, it seems like everyone reacts differently to the different ingredient combinations. Not sure how much weight really factors into it, because some people seem to be more sensitive to one product and some to another. For instance, my husband is 230 lbs, and he can't take the Xenadrine - makes him shaky, irritable, etc - he likes Hydroxycut. I don't like the Hydroxycut, for the same reasons, but do fine with the Xenadrine, my current weight is 123 and I haven't had my bodyfat measured since I was at 18%, but my trainer said two weeks ago that he wants to measure me again soon, because he thinks from a visual assessment that I'm down to about 16% b/f now.

I would just experiment with the dosage until you find what works for you. :)

Fennec

Top Bottom