Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my one and only time i'll speak of it

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
Cure said:
Well what the fuck is the point of watching sports then? I'm sure MB doesn't feel bad for the players or the organization but for the fact that for 20 years he's been watching and cheering for 1 team and that they were so close yet failed to win the SB AGAIN. Man this is proof that Eagles fans wear their heart of their sleeve. God, if your not disappointed when your team loses in the NFC Championship game then you might as well take up watching Days of our Lives or General Hospital.

Disappointed is one thing. Talking about broken hearts and being angry and hurt?? LOL.

Re: Re: Re: Re: my one and only time i'll speak of it

HG Pennypacker said:

I've been a Mets fan since i'm 5 years olf and a season ticket holder from 1995-2001. I sat in my seats and watched the other NY team win the series in my team's stadium.

It sucked ass. I got in my car and drove home and believe it or not, somehow, someway, I was able to go on with the rest of my life.

I'm figuring you were alive when they won it in '86? It's like the Red Sox or Cubs making it to the WS and losing in 4 straight. I'm sure there would be some very bitter fans and it would take time to get over the loss.

Austin, that game was in 99 and though it was heartbreaking for you (and it was a great game), there is no way the Vikings would have beaten the Broncos.

TheProject said:
Who's this guy?

WOW!! Sounds like somebody needs to play more Madden.

Seriously, if Douglass does come to KC it will be a good addition to their suspect defense.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my one and only time i'll speak of it

Cure said:

I'm figuring you were alive when they won it in '86? It's like the Red Sox or Cubs making it to the WS and losing in 4 straight. I'm sure there would be some very bitter fans and it would take time to get over the loss.

I suppose. I just think that your life needs to be more rounded so that the outcome of a football game isn't life or death. I still play competitive baseball and in game 3 of a best 2 of 3 series, I gave up a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 9th inning while we had a one run lead. Was I upset and disappointed, yes, being as competetive as I am.

Did I wake up the next morning and still have my coffee and bowtie? Yes.

As long as my family is healthy, life goes on in a very big way.

Cure said:
Well what the fuck is the point of watching sports then? I'm sure MB doesn't feel bad for the players or the organization but for the fact that for 20 years he's been watching and cheering for 1 team and that they were so close yet failed to win the SB AGAIN. Man this is proof that Eagles fans wear their heart of their sleeve. God, if your not disappointed when your team loses in the NFC Championship game then you might as well take up watching Days of our Lives or General Hospital.

the FUCKING point is that it's entertainment!!!! ITS A GAME!!!! That's all it is!!! A game. This is not real life. To base your emotional stability on the fates of some team that you have no say or influence on, is meaningless. I love football, I watch it all the time. But I'm not going to go off the deep end because a team I like loses. big fucking deal. move along. he's acting like somone HE KNOWS HAS DIED! You may call it wearing your heart on your sleeve, I call it a waste of time.

The Nature Boy said:

the FUCKING point is that it's entertainment!!!! ITS A GAME!!!! That's all it is!!! A game. This is not real life. To base your emotional stability on the fates of some team that you have no say or influence on, is meaningless. I love football, I watch it all the time. But I'm not going to go off the deep end because a team I like loses. big fucking deal. move along. he's acting like somone HE KNOWS HAS DIED! You may call it wearing your heart on your sleeve, I call it a waste of time.

Ok let's calm down there :D

i doubt he commited suicide or even missed 1 days work.

The Nature Boy said:

That being said, NB bet $5 on the UConn women's basketball team the other day and hid under his bed for the entire weekend after they didn't cover.

The Nature Boy said:

Damn. I think that's the most fired up I've seen you on here.

Top Bottom