Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MLB Allstar game...

TxCollegeguy

Man now I'm pissed I was at work and didn't watch it...CRJ hit a freakin hr after stepping out to a standing ovation. I haven't watched baseball like I did before the last strike about 10 years ago, but I will def be buying the film of this game and be forever sorry I missed it live. TG and CRJ are probably 2 of my fav players from my childhood and now have played their last AllStar game...Hopefully my old man comes through and gets a pair of tickets for his last game Vs the Yankees come season end

yeah CRJ was the MVP too, great game i hope i see the last game at Yankee stadium too, since its like a 30 minute drive from where i live.

~WizKid :kaioken:

The game has been sold out since before the season started....My dad is going through some of his biz. buddies for the tickets. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he comes through

They beat the whole Ripken/Gwynn thing to death. It pissed me off, after they spent 3 innings interviewing everyone during the game about the Piazza/Clemens thing, they spend the rest of the game interviewing Gwynn and Ripken DURING AT-BATS. It was as if nobody wanted to see the rest of the all-stars.

The only reason I watched the game was to see Berkmen and Alou, and they were interviewing someone on both of their at bats.

The annoncers sucked, they tried to say that everyone wants to see an end to the Piazza/Clemens conflict when I'd venture to say that 90% of fans want to see a brawl between them.

They were being so dramatic about everying. It was sweet when Ripken dropped a bomb, but it sucks how we have to hear about it non-stop for the next 2 weeks or so.

It was also sweet how Jeters homerun was almost missed so they could post the Cubs pitching stats. Everyone saw it halfway through his swing, but I'm sure most people wanted to see the fucking Cubs pitching stats.

Also, I've never understood the point of stacking the lineup with homerun hitters, then putting cy-young pitchers on the mound. 9 times out of 10, all those studs end up striking out, and they did. They should bring in the pitchers with the highest ERA's :)

how can you "beat the gwynn and ripkin thing to death"??? each is a legend and most of us grew up watching them. tony flirted with 400 for a while there in the early/mid 90's... cal and his streak... those two deserve a 2 hour show anytime they want...

arod... that was classy.

it's strange having people like ripkin, gwynn, m jordan, elway, kelly, marino... etc... all out of their sports... its like losing a part of childhood.

MB,

Good point about losing so many of the legends we grew up watching.

I don't really miss them - I mean that is the whole point of the stats is that people come and go to leave their marks.

I respect Ripken - but the first thing that popped into my head when he stepped to bat and hit the HR on the first pitch was that the pitcher/catcher/coach were just being nice and fed hit a fat fastball right down the center of the strike zone - that pitch sucked big time, and it isn't like the pitcher fucked up - this is the all star game with amazing pitchers (johnson had just left right so it was whoever was next - don't recall the dude - braves guy was it?).
anyway, it makes for good press if the dude leaving the game hits well...

I don't know - that was just what came to mind as soon as I saw it.
perhaps I'm just a conspiracy theorist at heart.

I don't feel the bond between me and someone who I've never met. Both of them should of retired a while ago.

Same thing with that fuck on the Avalanch who won the cup after 20 years of playing. I didn't really shed any tears for him like I was supposed to.

I'm not looking forward to all the Ripken/Gwynn specials that will run 24/7 on Espn from now on.

I'm more concerned and interested current stars. Out with the old and in with the new.

Top Bottom