Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hello all, I'm Rob and am a curious, beginning bodybuilder

RobDee

Hello I'm Rob and have recently started working out about a week ago. I was curious to see if my diet is ideal for just starting out as well as bulking up fast. Right now, I'm working out morning and night either at my apartment or the gym. I do Shoulder/Traps monday, Biceps/Abs tuesday, triceps/chest wednesday then I repeat the cycle; most of my exercises are dumbell exercises with 5 sets of 8-10 repitions(excluding abs).

I'm 18 years old and have a mesomorph body type. I've waited to start working out for so long because I've never had the time to plan out my diet. Well, now that I'm on my own, I've had an abundant amount of time which has opened up the world of weight lifting to me. I'm looking to bulk up but wondering what's safe and what's not.

I weigh 200 pounds and my diet consists of
367g Protein
265g Carbs
77g Fat

1468 of my calories come from protein
1060 come from carbs
693 come from fats

Leading to a total of 3212 calories a day with 8 meals planned out.

Now I've been doin some research here and there but am really wondering what some other more experienced body builders think about my diet and routine, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,
Rob
:artist:

Last edited:
I read your first sentence and stopped... you do not belong on here (AS forums).. go to the diet and training forums asap.

Welcome to EF Rob!!!

You've joined the right site :)

I think you will get better answers to your questions in the weight training and diet sections.

your diet macro's look good. you can make those 8 meals into about 4-5 throughout the day.
btw where is your back and leg days those are the Biggest parts of your body. when you work out the bigger parts of your body, your body releases more GH to help yuo grow. visit the squat rack and look up how to do sqauts and deadlifts along with other great lifts to help you grow. 18 is a prime time for growth with alllll that natural test in your body! Good luck bro and get over to the diet and training forums asap, this thread should be deleted or moved.

your diet looks like an ok place to start. basically you want to eat as much as you can effectively, train as hard as you can effectively, and recover as quickly as you can i would personally up the carbs especially on training days your a meso so you should be able to handle at least 600g ed. your training looks like the weak link to me. the 5x5 is a good place for you to start. this is a good stregnth routine it will help you build a solid foundation and thicken you up. then later down the road you can start experimenting with other types of training.

the key to bulking is to eat as much as you can handle of the right diet. use beef at least once per day for protein. try oats and sweet taters for complex carbs. eat some broccoli or spinach for a few of those meals. slam 50g of sugar in a soda or something before you leave the gym. dont do any cardio. you will probably store a little extra fat this way. it can easily be shed once you are ready to cut. these are just the basics though we are all different and we all spend years learning about how to eat train and recover the best we can.

600 grams of carbs! thats 2400 cals right there... that almost my diet for everything p/c/f! He should work his way into what he can eat minimally and see gains to have less fat gain. more is not always better for some people.
Hes young so he will make gains regaurdless, but diet has to be there and in check. Yes he might be able to get away with eating more carbs then the rest of us without gaining some fat. He knows his body or will learn what it's capable of.
He's young so I am sure he might be in college?? beef everyday might be hard, every 3 days is probably easier for him. If he is at home where mom can buy whatever, and if she can tell us so we can make a food list for you!!! Seriously.

He's young so I am sure he might be in college?? beef everyday might be hard, every 3 days is probably easier for him. If he is at home where mom can buy whatever, and if she can tell us so we can make a food list for you!!! Seriously.

yeah i'm in college and the only beef i eat currently is beef jerky..most of my diet right now consists of eggs for breakfast, chicken for lunch/dinner and my side meals consist of whole grain tuna or turkey sandwhiches, granola, apples, bananas, green beans, string cheese, beef jerkey, almonds, peanut butter sandwhiches on whole grain bread..and of course my whey protein drinks with milk, glutamine, 1 banana and 2 scoops of protein... in addition i have about 2 cups of green tea a day...

i don't live with mom, and i do all my grocery shopping..if you have any other suggestions for meal ideas..id greatly appreciate it as im looking to do everything in the most ideal fashion...

again your input is greatly appreciated, thanks :artist:

edit: also taking creatine hydrochloride capsules

Top Bottom