Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you know what i hate about personal trainers?

Yeah agreed.. I just replied to another thread in this section about Australian trainers.. I'm not going to repeat it all, but they hardly do the industry a favour, and often ruin image of the half decent trainers.

Im doing my thing at the gym, headphones in my ear, they see me there 6 days per week, hitting a different muscle every day, im lean, muscular, developed muscle, abs. and they still insist on bothering me, telling me not to do cable crunches with so much weight because it will make my abs bulk out, i said bro, its 65 pounds, im using strict form and i do 25-30 reps for 4 sets, dont tellme about bulky abs, cuz im in better shape then every personal trainer at my gym except for the master trainer whos an ameteur bodybuilding competitor since the 90's. another guy said that me training 6 days a week is over training. over training isnt from working out too much, OVER TRAINING IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH FOOD/CALORIES AND REST TO SUPPORT AND REBUILD MUSCLE. And another thing, how do you expect to make money by giving away free info? if i wanted your help, i would ask. not trying to be a dick but come one, im obviously in better shape then most of the so called ACE bs certification personal trainers. sorry if i offended you but just leave me alone.

When you're done ranting, maybe we should get together and discuss your fitness goals and I should look at your diet to make sure you are on track. -Certified Personal Trainer

Just kidding.

I'm a personal trainer too. I never offer unsolicited advice unless I see someone who is obviously new to the gym and about to kill themselves. I let my own lifting and personal training speak for themselves. When people see me moving a lot of weight or changes in my clients then they will come up to me and ask questions. This is the way it should be.

In my experience most trainers I've been around don't even work out much and know little about working out themselves. They sit people down on machines and stand around looking bored. I think they train people because they think it is an easy paycheck. It pisses me off. I like helping people reach their goals and wouldn't be training if I didn't. People new to the gym looking to learn from a trainer are getting ripped off when they hire one of these idiots but they have no point of reference so they don't know they are getting bad advice. These trainers give one workout to everyone regardless of goals! I could go on all day about this but I'll spare you...

haha, all these comments i have to agree .... to have personal trainers buzzing around...sucks!
im a personal trainer,i've been pumping iron before.I haven't got a great shape anymore due a back injury.
But this things about advice people in the gym is really shit,but i guess it depends on each individual.I'd never, and never been advising people in the gym without being asked.
Another thing is,everyone is different and what's good for you is bad for someone who has no clue about physical exercising.
Many ladies and other dudes are not in the gym for bulking up,but for getting better shape,cardio and shit...that means that bulking and getting bit is everyone goal. I know people that would never get that fuck out of their chair, and would be dying at the age of 50 but now are feeling great to be able to perform some reps and jumps...i m so happy to see that, but i don't really expect bringing clients to a pro level or body building level.Personal trainers can do great,but as soon as they think they should talk to people who love what they doing, without their concession, i guess this goes back to basics, leave people feel great in the way they feel that's best.

And for being a personal trainer one doesn't need to have an impressive body(body sell yourself??? this is so relative because being healthy doesn't mean you're big outside, so this's better don't argue, even because many clients doesn't feel confident close to someone looking so fit and huge).... i guess what this person should have is common sense. OF COURSE being a personal trainer without ever gone through exhaustion or proper training is ridicule.
Advising people who loves pumping iron everyday is bullshit,unless they ask for an advice. Anyone does what they feel like doing. Is stupid to go to a giant in the gym and tell them they're over training, again, unless the person feel interested.
... i don't know,as long you love what you doing, and do no harm to others, respect yourself and others, should have no problem and at the end, a real personal trainer would be happy with anyone doing activities, independently
of whichever.

respect is for who has it.

Last edited:
People don't usually need help eating 'healthy', because that doesn't take much motiviation. Trying to lose weight, or pack on muscle takes a different kind of commitment and it is much more difficult. Working with somone, who physically looks the part, helps because that particular individual has proven he/she is not all talk.

..ACE Trainer here....

I train fat chicks with bands and hardcore muscle heads with heavy weights pipes and concrete..I teach runners how to be better runners..and know my shit inside and out about nutrition..and I use all of it in many situations to make people better at being the athlete they wish to be..Being a good trainer isn't telling everyone what they should be doing, its sharing what they do know in the situation where its needed. Ya....most are tools, but not all.

My advice, stop training fat chicks. They really hurt your 'gym cred'. Plus, they are always staring at your ass when you are not paying attention. Yummy.

i worked for LA fitness for a little over a year. in the membership side and i will tell you that i had the same attitude of im bigger then all these guys but some of them really know whats up even if they arent in the best of shape right now. some used to be, some have injuries now you just never know. and some just suck haha. it all depends but i picked up on a lot of usefull knowledge over time

You can learn a lot from people with plain ol' experience and no book knowledge. I think experience is best in terms of guiding people and book knowledge is best for explaining the process.

I finished my article on how to Find a Gym, the top 10 things to look for. Thanks for your help. Here's a link to the article "Find a Gym"!

Top Bottom