Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtime loss rule in hockey

The_Mexican

I hate this fucking rule... for those of you who dont know what it is... if you tie in overtime in hockey both teams get 1 point each, if a team wins they get 2 points while the loser gets 1.

what is this? pity? the nhl doesnt want peoples feelings to get hurt? I know they came out with it to make overtime more exciting because players would be more willing to take chances... but guess what... it hasnt worked! look at the team stats... ive never seen so many ties in my life.

also... whats with 4 on 4 overtime??? hockey is meant to be played 5 on 5. why are the messing with the basic elements of the game?

Here are my solutions to improve the game of hockey.

for overtime: a. either a 5 round shootout if the game remains a tie or
b. give winning teams 3 points and tieing teams 1 point each... like soccer.

get rid of the red line... im not a huge fan of 1-0 games, id rather see a 5-4 any day. get rid of the 2 line pass rule and it would get rid of the neutral zone trap... at least it would help

and most importantly lose the fucking enforcer penalty rule. god. the players dont like it, most fans dont like it. what other sport allows players to duke it out in the middle of the ice. its a great part of the game... why is the nhl trying to get rid of it?

anyway, you have to wonder when tv ratings for the nhl are on par with the wnba... thats fucked... there is no excuse for that.

you do know the penguins and lemieux made a push for FULL TIME 4 on 4 to open up the game... god damn canadians try to ruin shit... i mean, look at the football fiasco.. 110 yards and god damn that field is wide... and then they have 3 downs... talk about opening it up...

it's almost as if canadians are scared of physical contact that doesnt involve beer or elk.

The_Mexican said:
I hate this fucking rule... for those of you who dont know what it is... if you tie in overtime in hockey both teams get 1 point each, if a team wins they get 2 points while the loser gets 1.

what is this? pity? the nhl doesnt want peoples feelings to get hurt? I know they came out with it to make overtime more exciting because players would be more willing to take chances... but guess what... it hasnt worked! look at the team stats... ive never seen so many ties in my life.

also... whats with 4 on 4 overtime??? hockey is meant to be played 5 on 5. why are the messing with the basic elements of the game?

Here are my solutions to improve the game of hockey.

for overtime: a. either a 5 round shootout if the game remains a tie or
b. give winning teams 3 points and tieing teams 1 point each... like soccer.

get rid of the red line... im not a huge fan of 1-0 games, id rather see a 5-4 any day. get rid of the 2 line pass rule and it would get rid of the neutral zone trap... at least it would help

and most importantly lose the fucking enforcer penalty rule. god. the players dont like it, most fans dont like it. what other sport allows players to duke it out in the middle of the ice. its a great part of the game... why is the nhl trying to get rid of it?

anyway, you have to wonder when tv ratings for the nhl are on par with the wnba... thats fucked... there is no excuse for that.

Sorry bro, I don't know if you ahve ever played hockey but the shootout is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in sports. I have been on both sides and have won and lost in shootouts. After playing a great game there is no way it should come down the a skills competition.

As for the 4 on 4 I would rather have that in overtime then a shootout.

You also said that going 4 on 4 is messing with the elements of the game then contractdict yourself by saying get ride of the red line. That is something they did first in the U.S. at the college level and it doesn't breed the best hockey players. I have played that way as well when we had to go to the US to play in tournaments and it was garbage hockey and can make a lousy player look good.

Just so you know hockey wasn't always 5 on 5 either in regulation time.

I do agree with the instigator rule, it should have gone years ago.

madbomber31 said:
you do know the penguins and lemieux made a push for FULL TIME 4 on 4 to open up the game... god damn canadians try to ruin shit... i mean, look at the football fiasco.. 110 yards and god damn that field is wide... and then they have 3 downs... talk about opening it up...

it's almost as if canadians are scared of physical contact that doesnt involve beer or elk.

When was that done?

Here's an idea...in OT give the away team 5 minutes to play 5 on 4 and then give 5 minutes to the home team to do the same.

madbomber31 said:

Holy shiznit, thats one of the hardest original Canada disses I've heard in a while! Props

madbomber31 said:

Thanks for the laugh, I must admit that last part was funny and one of the better ones I have heard.

Come play in the WHL, OHL or QMJHL(the CDN junior leagues) and you can see how much Canadians don't like physical play.

We play football and hockey up here and let me tell you hockey is way more physical then football and you get to paste more people with hits if you are any good and not a pussy.

Why not just let the game keep going until someone scores? Fuck that tie shit... ties suck.

-Warik

4 on 4 OT is meant to open up the ice for a quicker game. Don't quite know about the 1 point loss deal, but it doesn't really matter. Fuck that shoot out shit, it would be excellent to watch, but would never happen, teams play to hard against each other to put it on i breakaway. The enforcer rule is good because it lets the talented skaters pull away from plays and let's em open up the ice more. they will take the 2 line pass away eventually i suppose though.

Top Bottom