Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Liquid egg whites = ~ solid protein?

Tux

Again, I'm sorry this isn't in the diet forum but nobody goes there, and this does have bearing on AS. I'm dieting, with tren/tbol/T3, some morning cardio, and of course, high protein/lower carbs. Seeing good results but I was wondering about protein intake. People consider scrambled egg whites to be "real food" protein right? Well, what about those big tubs of liquid egg whites? They are pasteurized, 100% bioavailable, no salmonella, no avidin problems, just like scrambled egg whites but still liquid. They heat them high enough to kill off bacteria and get rid of the avidin problem but not high enough to cook them. Would you consider these basically the same as 50g's worth of chicken or steak? I mean, i get damn tired of chicken breast after chicken breast, or patty after patty of 96/4 lean beef. I can get 30g's of liquid egg whites down in 30 seconds, including cleaning the cup and putting it back in the shelf! How many meals per day would you consider OK to use egg white protein for? I still have my whey for post W/O, and my blend for night-time shakes, but this stuff is better, and faster, and NO taste. I don't see why it's not "real" food? And on a diet where I need 3000 calories, but only get 200 carbs, if I eat only 300g's of protein, I need at least 110g's of fats to make up the difference and that seems a bit high. Can't I just up it to 350-400g's/day of protein? Basically, do liquid eqq whites equal "real food" like scrambled eggs, beef, chicken, fish, etc. Personally, I think that protein shakes count just as much as beef as far as the protein is concerned, and that liquid egg whites should count as real food, but I want your opinions! :)

In my advanced culinary and food knowledge opinion, I believe it should be considered "real food". Egg whites have the BEST amino acid profile when it comes to food. I here penguins come in a close second. lol

WannaImpress said:
TTT......also interested myself! Tux where are you purchasing your liquid egg whites btw?

Egg Whites International "google it bro"! They're grrrrrreeeeeeaaaattttt..... tons of protein and they provide nutrients for up to 4hrs. I go through 4 gallons in about 2 and 1/2 weeks. Can get expensive!!!! :chomp:

Yes i use them go with eggology.com for 50g protein i use 1 3/4 cups and it cost me under 5$ so not that bad and i consume them in about 1 min lol for that it pays for itself.

Also if your dieting you can get some sugar free coco mix--put about 2 tbs in there and you have a sugar free high protein shake.

I get mine from http://www.eggwhitesint.com/ right now, but may try something like eggology soon, isn't that what ronnie coleman uses? Biceps, also, egg whites are absorbed very slowly, like 4-5hrs, almost as slow as casein. Nowhere near as fast as whey powder, so not good for post-workout. Great for meals, pre-bed, midnight snacks, and just all-around extra protein, but too slow for post workout. Where did you get the idea they absorb quickly?

I am not sure about Ronnie. I know about them because they gave our football team some to use years back and now i use them for bbing. About them absorbing quickly he may have been thinking about them being a more efficient type of protein which they are. More of the egg white protein will be absorbed than powders.

chefbone said:
In my advanced culinary and food knowledge opinion, I believe it should be considered "real food". Egg whites have the BEST amino acid profile when it comes to food. I here penguins come in a close second. lol

Penguins? Okay then, I'm allergic to eggs, so does anybody got a link to a good brand of liquified penguins? :p :sick:

Top Bottom