Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im very unsure of my kids playing football

I don't have any kids, so it easy for me to say let them play.
But I'm sure as a Mother you are very concerned.

big4life has a great point!
(As long as they have a good coach they should be fine.)

Check into that and see how long he's been coaching and that
may make you feel more comfortable about letting them play. :)

Let them play... they do more dangerous things all the time, and this is good for them.

also breaking a leg isn't the end of the world... they will have pain sooner or later whether they play or not

Yeah I know, I told my oldest after the kid broke his leg"your gonna quit this" and he said
yeah right and walked off.....i wanted to bust him in the nose but i was kidding, my 6 year old is even playing and when he gets hit, he looks at me like...mom was it that bad? their dad told me not to ever run out on the field if he gets hurt cuz hed never be able t get him back out there
but yeah im not gonnna make them quit, they love it:)

and i dont like the remark bout them banging cheerleaders.......that was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY uncalled for

WHIMP!

I've broken lots of things on me and other people. Football Rules!!! :)

WODIN said:
WHIMP!

I've broken lots of things on me and other people. Football Rules!!! :)
i never really was serious about them quitting but it worries me that they can break something.......i pride myself in them never breaking one bone in their life because I took care of em.......but im letting them do what they want and stuff these days.....they are growing up and i realize this, it just was so awful that the kid broke his leg in 2..

SoKlueles said:
i never really was serious about them quitting but it worries me that they can break something.......i pride myself in them never breaking one bone in their life because I took care of em.......but im letting them do what they want and stuff these days.....they are growing up and i realize this, it just was so awful that the kid broke his leg in 2..
Well it's never a joy to see it happen and its even worse when its you. But thats just a part of life. We get hurt, we recover and we move on. Don't shelter your kids too much or they'll go nuts when they're older.

SoKlueles said:
this kid broke his leg in 2 tonight, and it was just a scrimmage......i almost cried and it wasnt my kid....the poor kid screamed cuz it hurt so bad

Injuries happen, they're horrible and you hate to see them happen, but there isn't much you can do.

In the long run you have to do what's right for your children. If you children really want to play football and participate in team athletics (which are proven to be a benefit to children both socially and academically) then you have to weigh the pros and cons. In most cases, (IMO) playing outweighs the risks.

Top Bottom