Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Yeah, it's shoulder. In the olden days my middle finger used to be on that line on the bar, pretty wide. I've moved it in so my hand is about a thumb length from the smooth middle part. If that makes sense.

I think strength-wise, wider is my best grip but I'm trying to be careful with my shoulder.

Now that you got me thinking, I did a quick check and if 295 is my 1RM (well it's not today, so I guess it's moot, but still...) I should've been able to get 240 for 7-8 reps. Hmm.

Week 5 Day 3

Felt pretty good going into the gym today. My knees are really feeling great, I think they were aching during prep phase due to all the volume...now that I've backed off I can really feel the difference.

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
185 x 2
225 x 1
255 x 2 x 1

Had to wait for some guy doing curls in the power rack :rolleyes: Luckily he was only doing 3 sets and I hovered around warming up. His last set was a strip set so that took a bit longer. Anyway, I was anxious to see how my first heavy squat session would feel. 80% was 252 so I rounded up again...it was money. Pretty easy and gives me some confidence that I'll hit my goal.

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (W-S-N)
135 x 3 x 3 (W-S-N)
185 x 3 x 3

Nothing to report.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 2
275 x 1
315 x 3 x 3

Easier than Wednesday, bar moved a lot faster. I did a semi-sumo rep at 225 for old times sake, thinking I might have to pull it out of the bag at some point

Overall impression of Week 5: A holiday, what a contrast from last Friday. I even had time to do some planks afterwards just for fun. I hope Week 6 starts the real pupation, though.

Aw man BW just reminded me I screwed up my bench...3 x 3 instead of 5 x 4. Shoot.

Ah well, at least I won't forget it from now on (I hope).

Thanks BW.

I wouldn't worry about it as a one-off. Congrats on getting the deload week out of the way. I hope next week goes better for you than mine did. :)

Thanks ya. I was actually driving home thinking 'now when the hell did blut wump get hurt, I think it was Week 6....'

BTW, what are you doing now workout wise, if I may ask?

I made a stab at the Smolov but gave up in session one. I did two sets of 9 and caved on the sixth rep of the 3rd set. I'm feeling loaded again after this week so I might do some higher-rep gubbins next week and then run a loading phase on something to see the year out.

Other than that I've been just running a general mix of 3x3 and 3x5 type work on squats, bench, GMs, rows, OHP in a kind of single-factor fashion.

I'd like to try Smolov sometime. Not soon, mind you. Just something on my list of things to accomplish before I die.

I might try again in the new year after a solid deload. I didn't really take any time out and I've been squatting 3x per week. When I failed the third set I had no reason to believe I could complete the rest of the week. Pretty tragic really.

You should keep a journal too - none of this sneaking in a Smolov whilst we're not looking :) Were you serious about it or just seeing what a week of volume would be like?

Top Bottom