Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

Semi-serious, I guess. I didn't prep for it by getting some fresh legs but I did want to see how hard it'd be. I deemed it hopeless.

I did get a fair chunk stronger on the Korte with my squat (20Kgs / 45lbs) but 4x9 at my new 70% was not going to happen and then adding 10Kg for the following week!?! Maybe a big part of it was the lack of squatting practice over 5 reps. I'm not yet ready for the Smolov.

Week 6 Day 1

Got a late start today, didn't get my regular food in and also coming down with a little bug. Been chugging my vitamin C, ginger, echinacea and green tea concoction.

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
195 x 3 x 3

Nothing to report, pretty easy.

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (N-S-W)
135 x 3 x 3 (N-S-W)
185 x 5 x 4 (N-S-W-N-S)

Remembered to do my 5 x 4 this time. No problems.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 1
425 x 2 x 1 (85% of goal)

425 felt pretty good. Like last week, the first one went up pretty fast, I think. 2nd one not as fast even though I took a good bit of rest.

Decent start to week 6. Hopefully I can shake this bug, in the back of my mind I'm worried of getting toppled by this thing.

Week 6 Day 2

Still haven't shaken that bug. The good news is that it hasn't gotten much worse, so maybe I'm holding it at bay. Also had a dentists appt this morning so my mouth was numb (probably not worth mentioning... ;) )

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
195 x 3 x 3

Pretty easy, wondering if I should start thinking about bumping it up a bit, maybe to 205? Not sure what purpose that would serve, though.

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (N-S-W)
135 x 3 x 3 (N-S-W)
185 x 1
225 x 1
255 x 2 x 1 (85% target)

Supposed to be 251 so I rounded up again. Actually pretty easy, better than last week's 240. I had a couple buddies watch me and they said it looked lighter than 85% - I hope so.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 1
315 x 3 x 3

Felt heavy again, except for the last set. On these sets I just go through my checkpoints before every rep, sometimes pausing for like 2 seconds. I find the air in the stomach thing to be really helpful for me.

Pretty good workout, bug didn't seem to affect my strength at all.

Well, you've outlasted me. W6D2 was the day I broke myself and had to stop. From the sound of things, you're feeling comfortable with some new-found strength.

Regarding bumping the 60% weights, I'd be inclined not to bother unless they are feeling too light. During my partial-Korte couple of weeks, the heavy lifts were very much the main focus and the 60% exercises really just to keep the muscles used to doing something. You pushed the deadlift fairly had throughout, I think, so maybe the squats could get bumped. See what Monday brings. You should be fully deloaded by then.

Yeah I was thinking to keep the deads at 315...maybe add a light band one day per week (probably not, just thinking out loud). I'll see how I feel Monday, I still have to get tomorrow's squat. Next week will be the big test for me, I think. Depending on how they feel I'll be able to see definitively if this Korte stuff works ;)

Week 6 Day 3

Bug's gotten worse...now coughing but took some medicine and went to the gym anyway :evil:

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
185 x 1
225 x 1
250 x 1
275 x 2 x 1

85% was 268, and I rounded up to 270 but that seems like such an odd number that I just slapped the quarter on. It felt pretty good, I actually did a pause at the bottom of my second attempt, remembering to keep everything tight.

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (N-S-W)
135 x 3 x 3 (N-S-W)
185 x 5 x 4 (N-S-W-N-S)

Nothing to report.

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 1 (mini-band)
315 x 3 x 3 (mini-band)

Decided to add a light band just for fun. I really tried to go fast on these, it felt pretty light and surprisingly easy since these sets felt heavy on Wed.

Overall Week 6: All my 85% attempts felt great. Looking forward to next week, the real test. I hope to be close to 100%, gonna rest up this weekend and get well.

Thanks AB. Honestly, these first 2 week of comp phase aren't too bad. 1 rep at 85%1RM and 3 x 3 at 60% are pretty doable, it is very little volume especially after the hell of the first 4 weeks.

As I said, next week will be the real challenge, I'm kind of excited to see the results.

From the looks of things, next week should be completely solid.

Bear in mind that bumping from 268 to 275 added more than 2% to the lift. I think you're probably in a position such that the Korte increase on squats, at least, is now a given. I know my last two or three weeks of broken-Korte might not be an accurate indicator but I felt I was still getting stronger as the singles phase played out.

Thanks for the encouragement BW, much appreciated. I have to admit to feeling some trepidation looking at this coming weeks' lifts: 450 (455?) dead, 266 (270?) bench, 284 (290-95?) squat - getting close to my maxes (duh 90% I guess so ;) ).

I feel strong though (I think the cold is slowly improving, too), I didn't struggle on any of my 85%'s so I guess I can't be dissappointed if I get some hitches at my 90% attempts.

Top Bottom